espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,600 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, Charly2 said:

Okay, I filed in Chicago as well and I have both I751 and N400 pending. Somebody in the same position as me just told me that is VERY IMPORTANT that you go with your spouse. Even tough N400 does not require your spouse, it seems that I751 does. So for the people that they decided in both cases is because they went with their spouse. So I guess my advise is, regardless the interview they citing you in, just bring your wife/husband and all docs that proved your marriage is still in place and in good faith.

As as my process goes, my file was transferred on May 3 from California to Summit Lee. Haven't heard anything else since.

Something else: I don't understand why officers would get mad if you apply for N400 on a I751 pending. The rules allow you to do it. Is on their own website, so I don't get why they would get mad about it. That's confusing to me...or did they change that rule (you can apply 90 days before your GC expired)?

Are you a paper N-400 filer @Charly2 , When did you file for your N-400 ? Also, since when is your I-751 pending ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, Charly2 said:

Okay, I filed in Chicago as well and I have both I751 and N400 pending. Somebody in the same position as me just told me that is VERY IMPORTANT that you go with your spouse. Even tough N400 does not require your spouse, it seems that I751 does. So for the people that they decided in both cases is because they went with their spouse. So I guess my advise is, regardless the interview they citing you in, just bring your wife/husband and all docs that proved your marriage is still in place and in good faith.

As as my process goes, my file was transferred on May 3 from California to Summit Lee. Haven't heard anything else since.

Something else: I don't understand why officers would get mad if you apply for N400 on a I751 pending. The rules allow you to do it. Is on their own website, so I don't get why they would get mad about it. That's confusing to me...or did they change that rule (you can apply 90 days before your GC expired)?

2 hours ago, xilef said:

Are you a paper N-400 filer @Charly2 , When did you file for your N-400 ? Also, since when is your I-751 pending ?

@Charly2 I am in the same boat as you. And thanks for the sound advice. Following up with the same question as @xilef .  @xilef when did you file your i-751? and N-400?

I filed N-400 online at Chicago in December and my i-751 was filed Jan 2017. This is a long wait. My last update was that the i-751 case was moved to NBC around May 3rd.

But ’tis a common proof
That lowliness is young ambition’s ladder,
Whereto the climber upward turns his face.
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
- Julius Caesar
--------------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

07/02/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

07/08/2014 USCIS Filing Fees accepted

07/09/2014 NOA texts and emails

07/12/2014 Received NOA in mail

07/18/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment NOA for 7/31

07/31/2014 Biometrics @ 5220 S Pulaski - Completed!

08/04/2014 Testing and Interview

09/02/2014 EAD Approved and Card in Production (62 Days from filing)

09/04/2014 AP Approved (64 Days from filing)

09/09/2014 EAD/AP Mailed

09/10/2014 EAD/AP "Combo" Card Received

01/12/2015 Text for 485 Adjustment Received (Interview Schedule)

02/17/2015 Interview Scheduled (230 Days or 7 months and 15 days from filing)

02/17/2015 Request for Original Document

02/24/2015 Original Document Shown and Green Card Approved for Production

03/04/2015 Green Card Arrived Via USPS

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/03/2017 Forms and paperwork sent in to California.

01/09/2017 NOA1 Received

Hi All,

I got this notification today morning, on https://my.uscis.gov/account

July 16, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

Current as of today at 11:54 a.m.

Question: How long does it really take after a notification like this?

regards
Steve

Timeline
3 hours ago, Steve1986 said:

Hi All,

July 16, 2018

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

regards
Steve

Steve, 

Did you apply for N-400 already?

5 hours ago, gabreigns said:

@Charly2 I am in the same boat as you. And thanks for the sound advice. Following up with the same question as @xilef .  @xilef when did you file your i-751? and N-400?

I filed N-400 online at Chicago in December and my i-751 was filed Jan 2017. This is a long wait. My last update was that the i-751 case was moved to NBC around May 3rd.

Hi guys, I hope I quoted you just right. I applied for N-400 on December 2017 and I751 on January 2017. Both were paper applications I sent to the Chicago lock-box.

Edited by Charly2
Forgotten info

5 hours ago, gabreigns said:

@gabreignsI filed my I-751 in November 2017, I haven't filed my N-400 yet. I'm still on the edge on whether to do so this november or wait for my I-751 to process and get approved.

3 hours ago, Steve1986 said:

Hi All,

July 16, 2018

regards
Steve

Congrats Steve, your green card should be on it's way within a few days.

55 minutes ago, xilef said:

@gabreignsI filed my I-751 in November 2017, I haven't filed my N-400 yet. I'm still on the edge on whether to do so this november or wait for my I-751 to process and get approved.

Congrats Steve, your green card should be on it's way within a few days.

Thanks a lot! I still cannot believe it, the wait has been just so long.

How many days would it take after a notification like this?

Hoping to get the GC in the next two weeks.

regards

Steve

Timeline

@Charly2 and @xilef, I just got my interview scheduled for my N-400 via USCIS... Now the question remains if they would approve me even if I have my spouse with me during the interview with my I-751 pending. I dont know the date of the interview yet.

But ’tis a common proof
That lowliness is young ambition’s ladder,
Whereto the climber upward turns his face.
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
- Julius Caesar
--------------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

07/02/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

07/08/2014 USCIS Filing Fees accepted

07/09/2014 NOA texts and emails

07/12/2014 Received NOA in mail

07/18/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment NOA for 7/31

07/31/2014 Biometrics @ 5220 S Pulaski - Completed!

08/04/2014 Testing and Interview

09/02/2014 EAD Approved and Card in Production (62 Days from filing)

09/04/2014 AP Approved (64 Days from filing)

09/09/2014 EAD/AP Mailed

09/10/2014 EAD/AP "Combo" Card Received

01/12/2015 Text for 485 Adjustment Received (Interview Schedule)

02/17/2015 Interview Scheduled (230 Days or 7 months and 15 days from filing)

02/17/2015 Request for Original Document

02/24/2015 Original Document Shown and Green Card Approved for Production

03/04/2015 Green Card Arrived Via USPS

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/03/2017 Forms and paperwork sent in to California.

01/09/2017 NOA1 Received

31 minutes ago, gabreigns said:

@Charly2 and @xilef, I just got my interview scheduled for my N-400 via USCIS... Now the question remains if they would approve me even if I have my spouse with me during the interview with my I-751 pending. I dont know the date of the interview yet.

That's great!!!! You just gave me hope! lol. It doesn't matter, just go with your spouse, nothing to lose  (but if you don't they might delay you like you can't imagine...that's what happen to somebody I know and because of that, she is still waiting. That was almost 3 months ago).

Okay I just read you filed online...let's see what happens to me, I did it on paper :(

Edited by Charly2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Steve1986 said:

Thanks a lot! I still cannot believe it, the wait has been just so long.

How many days would it take after a notification like this?

Hoping to get the GC in the next two weeks.

regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Was your i-751 joint application or Good Faith waiver?

I got a message this morning!

"We are producing your card and will mail it to you." YES!

I'm a January 18, 2017 filer. I'm absolutely thrilled to see this update, since it's been unchanged since the Great Transfer Glitch of Early 2018.

Still cautious, because I submitted a case inquiry about a month ago from the "did not receive your notice in the mail" link. The automatic reply was that they'd look into it and I could expect a response by the 16th of July. I tried this because I really don't know if there's something I didn't receive after the update in February. The inquiries for "outside normal processing times' would not do anything because the processing times just keep extending, so this one's the next option!

Anyway, perhaps it's worth submitting a case inquiry using the "notice in the mail" link and see if it speeds thing up? I don't know if that had anything to do with this morning's happy message, but I thought I'd share it just in case. This is a long and stressful process, I wish all the best for everyone!

Nathan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, NathanGM said:

I got a message this morning!

"We are producing your card and will mail it to you." YES!

I'm a January 18, 2017 filer. I'm absolutely thrilled to see this update, since it's been unchanged since the Great Transfer Glitch of Early 2018.

Still cautious, because I submitted a case inquiry about a month ago from the "did not receive your notice in the mail" link. The automatic reply was that they'd look into it and I could expect a response by the 16th of July. I tried this because I really don't know if there's something I didn't receive after the update in February. The inquiries for "outside normal processing times' would not do anything because the processing times just keep extending, so this one's the next option!

Anyway, perhaps it's worth submitting a case inquiry using the "notice in the mail" link and see if it speeds thing up? I don't know if that had anything to do with this morning's happy message, but I thought I'd share it just in case. This is a long and stressful process, I wish all the best for everyone!

Nathan

congrats!!! CSC is really backed up. good to see them processing more cases

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.