2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
19 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you are so sure that 3 DUIs will not matter, why are you here asking people about your chances?. The VAWA thread is for abused people , and as far I know your Vawa was denied already.

My apologies if I offended you.My prior question was if you know any cases in my situation.

My first denial was because Vermont thought my case was abandoned.Then later issued a service motion.

The second was because they couldn't find my RFE evidence.Meaning it was misplaced.

I am 29yrs old.According to the US Marines they recruits people below 27.But they have offered me an age waiver.And scheduled me for boot camp in San Diego.

I keep dogging them coz I don't have GC then a couple of friends told me they first served in the army with no GC.

The sergeant said I can get citizenship from my wife.He called his superiors after I told them of my situation.They also know I have been charged with DUIs.

I know two people who were deported to Mexico and the other to Tunisia but immigration lawyers brought them back and yet they had been deported for criminal offenses.

My wife encourages the US Marines her drinking is not allowed in the army.So she thinks it will help stop me from drinking.

I also know somebody from Jamaica who served 6 yrs in the marines but is still illegal.He came here through banana boat.

Hi everyone ...hope all is well on April 14 2014 I submitted my vawa documents to USCIS so far as of May 10 i received the receipt saying fees were waived and package was received April 21...i already have my EAD..Can anyone tell me what's next ? Please thank you ...And how long before I might hear anything at all ...am from NYC 

2 hours ago, Mnmnm said:

Hi guys. Hope you all are fine. 

Does anyone know after how long they send prima facie after you sent all the requirements for VAWA in? Or is it a case by case basis? 

Thank you

It is not guaranteed for anyone to get prima facie. I file my i360 in December and I am yet to receive prima facie. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
27 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Hi everyone ...hope all is well on April 14 2014 I submitted my vawa documents to USCIS so far as of May 10 i received the receipt saying fees were waived and package was received April 21...i already have my EAD..Can anyone tell me what's next ? Please thank you ...And how long before I might hear anything at all ...am from NYC 

You submitted Vawa since  April 2014 and we are May 2017 so it has been 3 years now nothing yet really?

4 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

You submitted Vawa since  April 2014 and we are May 2017 so it has been 3 years now nothing yet really?

No....April 14 2017...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
7 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

No but I did biometrics for my original submission of documents through marriage...do I need to do biometrics again for vawa?

I think so cuz i did biometric too before and i just received letter for vawa biometric

29 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

No but I did biometrics for my original submission of documents through marriage...do I need to do biometrics again for vawa?

No you don't need biometrics again. They will use the one you got done during your marriage filing. 

@Roms2017 my EAD card was approved today... my current status says my card is being produced. Thank God! Since dec it was pending. Long wait! Has yours been approved? 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, #Godgotthis said:

It is not guaranteed for anyone to get prima facie. I file my i360 in December and I am yet to receive prima facie. 

I see. But what if I really need the prima facie to get health insurance? 

Another question- I already applied for EAD when I applied I-485 during marriage, do I need to apply another one under I-360? 

Thanks 

16 minutes ago, Mnmnm said:

I see. But what if I really need the prima facie to get health insurance? 

Another question- I already applied for EAD when I applied I-485 during marriage, do I need to apply another one under I-360? 

Thanks 

No you don't need to apply for a new i765. Your pending one will be transferred to Vermont. My ead filed during marriage was just approved today. They moved my i485 and i765 filed during marriage to Vermont 5 weeks ago. 

Im not sure if they will discover by themselves that you filed for VAWA, you may have to write them. I wrote them with a copy of my i360 notice telling them to put my i485 on hold pending my vawa approval and that was how they got to know and transferred my case to Vermont. 

Edited by Hopeful diva

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.