Yang&Josh

NSO birth certificate not clear

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi this bothers me a lot. I hope you could help me. I have read similar issues already but the answers were different. So these are my issues. Actually, I have 2.

First, my NSO birth certificate is not clear. It is really unreadable that even if you will look closely still you can't read it. I have my Local Birth Certificate which is clear already. Some said that I could just attach my local birth certificate for a back up document. Others said that I need to request from the local office to make my birth certificate in NSO clear. I ordered 2 copies of it from NSO and sad that they are not readable. I am planning to schedule my interview in a week or more when all my papers are ready and good to go. My questions for this are, do I need to request from the local registry for them to change my record into a clear one and then order another copy from NSO or I could just attach my Local Birth certificate? Note that I will be using this record during my visa interview.

Second is that, my NSO birth certificate shows only my First name and my middle name as my last name in the name field. This is because when I was issued this record, my parents were not yet married so I was held illegitimate. But then again, many years ago, my mother requested for an adjustment already that's why now, it's being changed. So this is what happened, it's still my First name and Middle name in the Name field without my last name, but then again on the right side, there's a print that says I am legitimated already and it stated there my full name. When I applied for passport they just highlighted that part without any problems. But I know that embassy is quite strict with the documents so I wanna ask if anyone of you knows what to do regarding this/these situation/s. I am really bothered. If I need to do something about this, I will just go to the local office after the holidays on the 27th. I just need some answers or verifications from the experts here.

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas! ?

You need to return to PSA (NSO) and have your document repaired and have clear and corrected certificates to produce at your interview to avoid any delays.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Double what Greenbaum said.... has to be PSA (was NSO) document. Sucks but you need to get them to make a clear copy, maybe bring your local copy to PSA and see what they say.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay thank you Greenbaum and PhSagot. I was there already and process the correction. They gave me 2 weeks to come back so need to wait for 2 more weeks but they said that there is no assurance that the correction to have a clear copy will be approved by PSA Manila. I requested at PSA in my hometown which is Dumaguete. Hope it will go smoothly and I will just see what they'll say. Thanks again and Godbless.

Filed: Timeline

Okay thank you Greenbaum and PhSagot. I was there already and process the correction. They gave me 2 weeks to come back so need to wait for 2 more weeks but they said that there is no assurance that the correction to have a clear copy will be approved by PSA Manila. I requested at PSA in my hometown which is Dumaguete. Hope it will go smoothly and I will just see what they'll say. Thanks again and Godbless.

I have found by leaving a tip can help speed up the process. Do you have any friends you know working where you went?

• 7 months later...

Hi Yang&Josh how did you make your NSO clear? As what I have understood you went to your Local Civil Registar to request for a clear copy so that PSA (NSO) can give you a clear one. Any requirements that I need to bring at the Local Civil Registrar? TIA

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

7 hours ago, Xie_xong said:

Hi Yang&Josh how did you make your NSO clear? As what I have understood you went to your Local Civil Registar to request for a clear copy so that PSA (NSO) can give you a clear one. Any requirements that I need to bring at the Local Civil Registrar? TIA

I'm sure they returned to PSA and was able to get a clear copy. I'm not sure what the LR will require but I would start with the copy of the BC you have and some form of ID. BTW the OP has not been here since may.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 8/25/2017 at 6:43 PM, Greenbaum said:

I'm sure they returned to PSA and was able to get a clear copy. I'm not sure what the LR will require but I would start with the copy of the BC you have and some form of ID. BTW the OP has not been here since may.

Hi Greenbaum thank you :) ..i found her updated post it seemed like she was not given a clear copy of her BC from PSA because it has like a note on the BC itself "Best possible image". She attached her Local birth certificate along with her BC from PSA...

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2017 at 7:25 AM, Goldfish_0529 said:

Hi Greenbaum thank you :) ..i found her updated post it seemed like she was not given a clear copy of her BC from PSA because it has like a note on the BC itself "Best possible image". She attached her Local birth certificate along with her BC from PSA...

Hello, sorry, I know this was from a year ago, but I also have the same problem. The NVC won’t accept my BC. I just don’t know what to do. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nonmart said:

Hello, sorry, I know this was from a year ago, but I also have the same problem. The NVC won’t accept my BC. I just don’t know what to do. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you 

Go back to PSA and request a clear copy.  A PSA copy is needed.

+ You could go to the local registry to get a copy that is hopefully clear to attach with the PSA copy  (just thinking outside the box)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 hours ago, Nonmart said:

Expect many trips to PSA and local registry.

It took my fiance' 5 trips to get an acceptable copy for DFA.

Go to local registry and get certified clearest copy.

Go to PSA, where you will probably told it's not acceptable.

Fill out form 1A or something like that..I think maybe local registry has to sign this form.

Bring back form and additional payment to PSA.

Wait.

Go back to PSA and pick up certified BS from PSA.

Then it will be acceptable.

:lol:

jj

40 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Hope you meant BC  ... :lol:

I can't wait for all of this to be over..looking like November to be done with this stage.

US bureaucracy I know and am well versed in...Filipino not so much..although learning much.  :-)

jj

On 5/29/2018 at 2:18 PM, KayeJoseph said:

Hi! I have a problem with my PSA birth certificate. My original birth certificate was blurred and when I took my board exam and the first time I applied for a passport, I was asked to provide a Civil Registry form no.1 A (Birth Available) copy from my Local Civil Registrar as supporting document --which was a huge hassle for me. Last 2011, I went back to my Local Civil Registrar to seek help on how to obtain a clear copy of my birth certificate. They made an endorsement letter and sent my Birth Available copy to the National Civil Registrar. I was told to claim the clear copy after 2 weeks at the NSO main branch. Unfortunately, I failed to claim the said copy. So everytime I would request for an NSO copy, the NSO would still always give me the blurred one.

I was able to renew my passport last 2015 since they didn't ask me an NSO birth certificate and only asked for my old passport.

Last August 2017 when I went to PSA main branch now in Sta.Mesa Manila, although it has been 6 years, I took the chance to ask whether they would still honor the endorsement and told me then that it is still available and I thought then I was lucky because I was able to claim a clear copy of my birth certificate. I was also informed that every time I would request for one, I will be then be issued such clear copy. 

Last November 2017, I was petitioned by my fiance as my fullname (with full middle name) and all my documents such as my passport, and government IDs show the same. It was only this April that I started to wonder whether or not I would have issues at the US Embassy for my interview because my current birth certificate only shows my middle initial and not my full middle name. 

Again, I sought help from my local civil registrar and they said it was a "clerical error" and told me that they should have endorsed a Birth Available stating my full name instead. So last May 4, they sent another endorsement letter to the National Civil Registrar and submitted my original birth certificate this time stating my full name. I was advised to claim the PSA copy after 2 weeks at the main branch. And so I went there last Monday (May 28) and to my dismay, they told me that either it wasn't available at their office yet or that maybe the National Civil Registrar did not approve the 2nd endorsement since I was already issued a clear copy. I was told to come back after 2 weeks again (June 14) to find out whether the 2nd endorsement  will be approved or not.

I called the head of my Local Civil Registrar was told that it could be possible that their 2nd endorsement may have been disapproved. And that if that will be the case, I would have to have my name petitioned for correction. The petition will take 6 mos to 1 year depends on the case to process. This is soo frustrating because I didn't have any errors in my name before. I only asked for a clear copy. I would have to suffer the consequences of their mistake! I would have to petition to correct my name which was obviously their negligence for endorsing my Birth Available with just my middle initial!

My fiance and I are now just waiting for our NOA2 and I'm so stressed because I'm not sure whether the US Embassy Manila will approve my K1 Visa interview without having issues with my PSA birth certificate. We really can't risk a 221g. Anyone here who have experienced the same or knows how I could fix this, your help/advice will be very much appreciated! Thank you!

IMG_20180530_031645-1560x2080.jpg

6 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Hope you meant BC  ... :lol:

Oh yes lol! BC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.