jstryker

SLEC and the NVC Letter/VISA Appointment Confirmation requirement

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

During the binge questions I was posting my fiance took it upon herself to go directly to the source. :joy:

From: "St. Lukes Medical Extension Clinic" <slec@slec.ph>
Date: 22 December 2016 at 3:58:46 PM GMT+8
To: "*************
Subject: Re: Slec inquiry...
Ms. ***********,
Normally, Visa Interview Letter from the NVC or Visa Appointment Confirmation from the US Embassy with the case number is presented to us during the medical examination. However it is your discretion to have the medical examination without the appointment letter, for as long as you know the case number and visa preference category.
For other information and needed requirements kindly visit our website at www.slec.ph
Thank you,
St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic
1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita
Manila, Philippines
Tel. Nos. (+632) 521-0020 or 523-8248
Fax. No. (+632) 526-0208 or 523-8248

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Thanks for sharing that bit of information with us. It's how we all stay current with the latest information/processes when we share information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

During the binge questions I was posting my fiance took it upon herself to go directly to the source. :joy:

From: "St. Lukes Medical Extension Clinic" <slec@slec.ph>
Date: 22 December 2016 at 3:58:46 PM GMT+8
To: "*************
Subject: Re: Slec inquiry...
Ms. ***********,
Normally, Visa Interview Letter from the NVC or Visa Appointment Confirmation from the US Embassy with the case number is presented to us during the medical examination. However it is your discretion to have the medical examination without the appointment letter, for as long as you know the case number and visa preference category.
For other information and needed requirements kindly visit our website at www.slec.ph
Thank you,
St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic
1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita
Manila, Philippines
Tel. Nos. (+632) 521-0020 or 523-8248
Fax. No. (+632) 526-0208 or 523-8248

Yes, that info is posted on the SLEC website, and on the USEM website for years.

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#1-required-docs

... and as also noted some have used the CEAC printout without issue. ;)

The guard will push for one of those.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

I don't know what to say....it seems most of this info is already floating around and we've tried give current advice in which we just went through the process ourselves. Hope it didn't cost to much effort and time.....the Philippines K1 is pretty straight forward....but of course hindsight is much easier to see once we've finished the process! haha

Good Luck in your visa process! :)

Timeline

it seems most of this info is already floating around

That's the problem. All kinds of info is floating around ranging from "well you should try to do this" or "you can screenshot that"

No one specifically mentioned that all you need to know is the number. Every advice I've seen was a link to another website that was 3 or 4 years old albeit helpful.

If it was crystal clear this question would not be asked over and over and over.... And with ranging answers makes it all the more confusing.

The info I posted was directly from the source 3 hours old.

K1 VISA

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

That's the problem. All kinds of info is floating around ranging from "well you should try to do this" or "you can screenshot that"

No one specifically mentioned that all you need to know is the number. Every advice I've seen was a link to another website that was 3 or 4 years old albeit helpful.

If it was crystal clear this question would not be asked over and over and over.... And with ranging answers makes it all the more confusing.

The info I posted was directly from the source 3 hours old.

I appreciate your information. It is interesting that someone from SLEC actually sent that info in an email as it goes against the requirements set by the embassy, and noted on the St. Luke's website.

As for "all you need to know" ... One of the first things I confirm when a newbie posts "what do I do?" is - Do you have your MNL# ? Once that is confirmed.. it is all straightforward so arriving at SLEC without knowing that number ... hmm.

The SLEC website clearly states what they require. And that is fresh as well.

I know of a fair number that arrived at SLEC knowing their MNL# but not having the required documents, only to be turned away by the guard.

Most people keep asking the same questions because they don't take the time to read the up-to-date links provided to SLEC with its list of required documents that are also listed from the embassy, or to other websites that are kept current with the requirements. Many find it easier to just ask the same questions rather that read.

I know the site that Greenbaum or I list are not 3 or 4 year old "outdated" websites, both sites make every effort to stay current.

As for someone posting a link to an old topic on VJ,... that is possible... I would not trust those either

Lastly, don't forget to complete the DS-160 as SLEC will want a copy of the confirmation page the 2nd day.

Timeline

No I was definitely not talking about yours and greenbaums sites... I have those bookmarked in stone and is the only way we have gotten this far.

I was more referring to posts that are pinned from 2009 and when you do Google searches take take you to older hack law firms before the DS160 was even used.

I will respond more in depth later today when I'm on a computer as I'm only on a cellphone at the moment. Thanks Sagot!!

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

Yes those pinned posts are getting extremely dated, and are more distracting than helpful for sure.

Ya Ryan pinned that St. Luke's topic to start page a couple years back... those pinned topics are like gum on your shoe.. annoying.. and can't scrap it off.

Because everyone is facing this daunting task of the VJ it can be confusing. AND like what Sagot pointed out many ask the same question over and over hence the reasoning behind his and my websites. We wanted to answer the question "what do we do next?". We spell out every step. We try and use the most current "official government" guidelines and experiences from others. We get you around the red tape all the while missing the "land mines". If you follow either website you can't miss.

The most satisfying gift to Sagot and I is that you accomplish getting your Visa. A kind thank you at the end will kinder our spirits.

Doubting our answers causes frustrations for us.

If your stuck and don't know what to do post your questions here in the forum where we can help. Other than that we wish for smooth sailing for all.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

The most satisfying gift to Sagot and I is that you accomplish getting your Visa. A kind thank you at the end will kinder our spirits.

Doubting our answers causes frustrations for us.

I will be the first to say if it wasn't for you two and others, I wouldn't be here now and would have been saddled with a 5 or 6 thousand dollar lawyer bill and who knows how long it would have taken. There isn't enough gratitude to be put in words.

It's obvious I have utterly failed at communicating and I really regret posting that email from the SLEC it has caused grief and massive misunderstanding.

I failed at understanding the next steps. I was told by almost everyone, OK scratch that. I was told by EVERYONE that all you need is your MNL#. Once you have that you are golden. "No need to wait for your NVC email or hardcopy "BECAUSE IT MAY NEVER ARRIVE". Those quotes are readily found everywhere on this site and many postings.

However, the very next step is her SLEC medical. And as you correctly pointed out, the advice is to bring your NVC letter or email. Which I didn't get and we're told not to wait for.

Am I the only one that sees an infinity loop there? So when my fiance emailed the SLEC and shared it with me, I thought it would be an enormous help to others in the same boat, and your first post concurred with that when you said it helps to have fresh information.

The follow-up after that however demonstrates I completely failed in communicating because it was thought that I wasn't thankful and appreciative of the information.

I really regret posting that information I'm sorry if I confused anyone.

Either way, her medical is in two weeks... I will let you and everyone know if the Troll Guard at the Slec lets us in with the MNL# in our heads and no paperwork other than the screenshot recommended to me last week. Again because that blasted NVC hardcopy/email hasn't arrived because we did not wait for it.

Thanks again to all who have helped this far especially to Greenbaums and Sagot!!

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

I didn't wait for any letter from NVC, that is what is meant by you only need the MNL number..... with the MNL# you just Pay the fee for the visa with the given deposit slip then fill out the DS-160 and set up an appointment for your interview, the printout you get for the interview date has the MNL# on it and that is what I'm saying about not needing the NVC letter that you will probable never receive (I still haven't gotten it). You have your fiancee take it to the medical at St. Lukes and they let you in....so I'm still not sure what is misunderstood, because SLMC even said that it is ok, we are proof it worked because we just finished (12/19/16) and had no problems. I followed both Greenbaum and Sagot's posts, without out any incident.

Anyways, I do appreciate all your info Sagot and Greenbaum and I too would not have done it without your posts and web sites, very grateful thank you very much!

Edited by javadown2

@jstryker Our response is not to marginalized what you had posted. The information was current and can be used by others. This is what the VJ community was founded on and evolves because new and fresh experiences is shared. Please don't change your approach.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.