Jump to content

Please I need some advise on my case

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I would like some advise about my case. I will try to resume with the most information possible:

I am from El Salvador living in US for more than 10 years, with TPS status. My stepson (21)(US citizen by birth) who was under 18 when I married his mother on 2008 (she holds a US Permanent Resident) is petitioning me with I-130.

Here are some questions:

Since I am currenty living in the US and I have been provided for my wife and stepson, do I need (or my stepson) to file form i-864? Or what do I need as proof that I can support myself and won't be a public charge.

Does form i-485 needs to be filed along with i-130 and g-325? or do I need to wait for a response on those first?

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you aaron2020 and aleful, I will do that.

I hope you have been enjoying the holidays.

aleful, I enter the country with no inspection many years ago, however, on 2012 I was able to travel to my country because I was granted an I-512L authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States: with TPS.

Another inquiry (sorry I am kind of confuse with this): the form I-458 in the Part 3 ask about Place of Last Entry Into the United States and the status under which I enter: here I'm answering with my last trip information. Then it asks about Nonimigrant Visa Number and Consulate Where Visa Was Issued and the Date, here I don't know which information I have to use, since I don't have a Visa... Should I treat the I-512L like a visa? if so, the visa number will be my USCIS case number? (I have LIN14XXXXXXX).

Thank you again for your helpful answers.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.