CécileMai

Passport lost at Packet 3 stage !!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good evening everyone,

It's official I've lost my canadian passport, the one I used for filing for K1 visa. I filed DS-160 this morning and already sent it with the information of my lost passport ( I wanted to do it fast, so I didn't look for the real one, I used a photocopy that was closer). When came the time of scanning the biometric page of the passport for finishing packet 3, impossible to find it...

I pass on the panic stage of looking and calling everywhere, and I need my passport the 24th for flying to Europe to meet my fiancé and his daughter. So, I'm filing for making a new passport in emergency. I went to the police station this afternoon and they told me that they don't give police report anymore for lost passports, I insisted for getting a paper and I filed a "declaration of event".

I think I will be able to get a new passport asap, but I'm really worried about my packet 3 and overall our visa process, as far as I already sent the DS-160, but don't have the passport anymore, and I wrote that I've never lost any passport...

I feel so bad and guilty that it could compromise our future together :(

I think I will send the packet 3 with:

- the bar code confirmation for DS-160

- the check list signed

- a scan of the copy of my lost passport (and specify it in the mail)

- a scan of the police declaration of event

- a scan of whatever paper they would give me friday at the office of passport Canada...

- an explanation of my case in the email: the loss, the declaration of never having lost a passport in ds-160.

What do you think? Can I do more or differently?

I hope they will be comprehensive and that they won't deny our case or accuse me of false declaration

If someone already had the same problem, or if you have some ideas or advices, please share with me...

Thank you

Get a new passport. Youre going really overboard explaining your passport is lost honestly. They dont care. As long as you have a valid passport at interview and the passport number you used for the ds-160 was valid at that time, it doesn't matter.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found back my passport! I guess I got a little overwhelmed with stress lately ... So everything is fine, we are waiting for packet 4 to schedule an interview and book the medical exam :)

Thank you NikLR for taking the time to answer me!

Good evening and happy holidays to all!

Put that baby someplace SAFE!!! (like a safe! LOL)

I'm super glad you found it. Take a breather and relax. I promise the interview isn't that stressful either.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.