oliversmithuk

I think I've made a mistake on my visa appointment service application

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

My interview is tomorrow. I've just been checking through my docs one more time and I logged on to ais.usvisa-info.com to print my courier confirmation. I've noticed a mistake and I'm stressing out a bit. On the ais form I've not included my middle name where it says 'given names' even though middle name is listed on my passport and my DS-260. I know it says on the ais instructions to enter your given names as it 'appears on your passport' but I didn't. I've read the big warning at the top of the page which reads any discrepancies between the DS-260, your passport and this form may result in delays and it's making me panic. The only way to change the form is to cancel the interview and schedule another.

What should I do? Do you think it matters? If it does cause delays what time frame are we looking at?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I don't know specifically for DS-260, but when I had to fill in my passport info for an international flight it had similar wording "as it appears on your passport" and I panicked about leaving out my middle name. I did some research and found it didn't matter if you include your middle name or not, given and surnames were what needed to be there. I wouldn't cancel the interview over this, it's probably fine. I believe you can also correct it at the interview if needed.

Spoiler

2/25/16...Mailed I-129F packet to Dallas lockbox

2/27/16...USPS confirms delivery at post office

3/3/16...Money order cashed

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

5/26/16...NOA2 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/20/16...Case number assigned

6/29/16...Medical

7/12/16...Interview Approved!

7/13/16...Visa in Administrative Processing

7/14/16...Visa Issued
7/19/16...Visa received (courier)
7/25/16...Arrival in US ❤️ (via Dublin POE)

8/1/16...City Hall wedding

8/9/16...Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet to Chicago lockbox

8/12/16...NOA1 email/text

8/30/16...Received biometrics letter

9/2/16...Early walk-in biometrics at Portland, ME field office

10/17/16...EAD/AP status changed to "Approved"

11/1/16...Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

3/22/17...AOS approved without interview

3/30/17...Green Card received in mail

ROC

2/11/19...Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas lockbox

2/15/19...Package delivered by USPS

2/19/19...Text message - receipt notice 

2/20/19...Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I turned up to my interview with the given name blank by accident, and the guy behind the desk opened the DS-160 (I'm on a K-1 visa) so I could go in on my phone and update it, all sorted (after blind panic for a bit)

Can't guarantee the same will happen again for you but I would stick with the interview if it were me - let us know how you get on!

Hi thanks for your replies. I've calmed down a bit. ive included my middle name on the ds-260 as there was a prompt. It was the form I've filled out on the ais website where I've forgotten to include it. My first and last name is there correctly just my middle name missing. I really hope it's not an issue. I'm not going to cancel it. Just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks again!

I was worried about nothing! Visa approved.

Great news!!! Safe travels!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 6 years later...
  • Chancy locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.