PolynesianCanada

F1 student for I-485 form with husband wth I-130

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey y'all !

I have been in Houston Texas for almost 7 years. Been with my now husband for 4 years ! We eloped amd got married and now need to file paperwork to adjust my status.

I am filling out the I-485 form and am confused to which application type I choose. We never got a K-1 visa - so I'm not sure which option to choose- can anyone help that has maybe filed their paper work this way ! also I am Canadian he is American born and raised here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since we have a deadline around the corner !!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

Follow the Guides on this website.

Your husband needs to file an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

On the I-485, you check "a."

An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.)

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Thank you so much for your response. Also do I apply for a social now ? Or after? And do you know how I figure out Where I send my package to AND how much does my spouse have to make to be approved to sponsor me ? If he doesn't make enough can my father Inlaw co sponsor ? And does that have a few ? One more question , does anyone know how long I can stay in the US once my f1 expires ( I believe there is a 60 day grace period) I hope we receive my conditional green card before that , if not are there any rules or regulations I must follow ? I want to make sure this is all perfect.

Again , I reall appreciate all the responses and help ....

One more thing. How and where do we get the visa petition form and or approval ......

Timeline

Can anyone tell me if my father in law can sponsor me even though we live at different households ??? My husbands income tax from last year I am sure won't be enough or meet the standards for the income. Please help !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes, your father-in-law can be a joint sponsor.

Your husband, as the petitioner, will be the primary sponsor and will have to fill out an I-864. If he does not make enough money to support you, your father-in-law can also fill out an I-864 as a joint sponsor. He will need to submit tax returns, pay stubs and an employment letter as proof of his income - or evidence documenting his assets if he will meet the requirements using assets. (Only last year's tax return is required with the I-864, but it seems as though anyone who doesn't also send in extra documentation/evidence gets a request for evidence, so you might as well send in plenty of proof right off the bat).

As others have said, read the guides. They take you through the process step by step and are very helpful.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to WStudentT-based AOS Forum~

~Adjusting from student visa, not K1 visa related~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Hey does anyone know which vaccines are required. On the I-693 form it lists a bunch of them. The prices I've gotten during my research are ranging 200-300 and that doesn't include the vaccines ? Any tips or info would be great help ! Time is ticking fast !!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey does anyone know which vaccines are required. On the I-693 form it lists a bunch of them. The prices I've gotten during my research are ranging 200-300 and that doesn't include the vaccines ? Any tips or info would be great help ! Time is ticking fast !!

The civil surgeon will advise you on which vaccines you need, and it depends on your vaccine records as well. I had the TDAP and the flu shot done, as well as a blood test to determine titer levels as I have no vaccination records.

AOS Package sent: 12/20/2016

AOS Package received: 12/22/2016

Fees accepted: 01/05/2017

NOA email received: 01/09/2017

NOA letter received: 01/13/2017 (dated 01/06/2017)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 01/21/2017 (dated 01/14/2017)

Biometrics appointment date: 01/30/2017

Case status changed to ready to schedule interview: 02/10/2017

EAD card status changed to being produced: 03/24/2017

EAD card sent in the mail 04/03/2017

Interview scheduled for: 05/10/2017 (Case status changed on 04/04/2017)

Timeline

Does anyone know what the steps are in an American immigrating to Canada through marriage. I will be applying for my green card and change of status. But we want him to have access to both countries. . .

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Does anyone know what the steps are in an American immigrating to Canada through marriage. I will be applying for my green card and change of status. But we want him to have access to both countries. . .

What do you mean by "access?"

Permanent residency is for living in a country. You get your green card to live in the US. Why would you be looking for him to immigrate to Canada?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.