9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I am sorry to repeat myself but i am a little confused about my vaccinations...

Yuna previously advised me on this but going back and reading through i'm still confused (Sorry Yuna)

basically i require two vaccines, my MMR and Tetanus. (I did have them and thought i was all good to go but turned out i was not as i had actually only received one MMR then later on in my like an MR so no second Mumps vaccine. I also had a Tetanus shot but it was out of date by 12 months and did not know they had to be every 10 years)

I am confused about my process afterwards. I know that i must complete some form and see a civil surgeon before AOS to get the vaccines and have them transcribe it for me however this is where my confusion comes in.

when i went to my interview they did not give me a sealed envelope saying do not open, only and open envelope with a CD in that I was advised is my X-ray (which he said was my souvenir)

What do i send to them as far as medical results when applying for my AOS if I do not have anything other than my X-ray in an open envelope?

Please help me, I'm getting really confused, I am not sure if i file the AOS and then wait for an RFE to mail the vaccines or if i can send it along with my AOS to save waiting for them to come back to me and say i need more.

Visa is approved after my interview at the Embassy in London just in case you need to know what point i am at

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

I am sorry to repeat myself but i am a little confused about my vaccinations...

Yuna previously advised me on this but going back and reading through i'm still confused (Sorry Yuna)

basically i require two vaccines, my MMR and Tetanus. (I did have them and thought i was all good to go but turned out i was not as i had actually only received one MMR then later on in my like an MR so no second Mumps vaccine. I also had a Tetanus shot but it was out of date by 12 months and did not know they had to be every 10 years)

I am confused about my process afterwards. I know that i must complete some form and see a civil surgeon before AOS to get the vaccines and have them transcribe it for me however this is where my confusion comes in.

when i went to my interview they did not give me a sealed envelope saying do not open, only and open envelope with a CD in that I was advised is my X-ray (which he said was my souvenir)

What do i send to them as far as medical results when applying for my AOS if I do not have anything other than my X-ray in an open envelope?

Please help me, I'm getting really confused, I am not sure if i file the AOS and then wait for an RFE to mail the vaccines or if i can send it along with my AOS to save waiting for them to come back to me and say i need more.

Visa is approved after my interview at the Embassy in London just in case you need to know what point i am at

Thanks

Your post is a bit confusing. DId you take any vaccine records with you to your medical exam OR did they give you any vaccines? If so, you should've received a form called the DS3025. If not, you will have to see a civil surgeon in the USA to complete the I-693 for AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I took my vaccine record with me to Knightsbridge and on that record i had received all the vaccinations on the list...

My tetanus was out of date but I didn't know it had a 10 year life span in the US until Knightsbridge told me and my MMR i had only one shot of when I was young and then another one but it was only the MR and i didn't notice and neither did my GP when i went through the list of what was required.

I received the DS3025 but obviously this is incomplete as i am now aware that i am missing two vaccines.

they never gave me any vaccines and neither did they even try very hard to get me to have them done at Knightsbridge. She just said you can get them done here or at your GP's office (at that time i didn't know it would then be a pain in the butt to not have them done at Knightsbridge)

I understand that i have to see a US civil surgeon I was more confused about the process after receiving them and how i add this to my AOS.

Hope this makes more sense

I have had a message saying that I will receive the medical record when i receive my passport and i will hand that over at POE. When i apply for my AOS i will need to have been to the civil surgeon and had the vaccines and have the new vaccine record from them and this must go along with my AOS application.

As I understand it, if you are AOSing in the US and you don't have the completed DS3025 (that certifies you have all the vaccinations - or if you don't AOS within a limited time window of having had the k1 medical) then you need to file an i693 with your AOS. This must be completed by a civil surgeon in the US.

So its worth noting again for anyone who is still to have their medical... its much easier (and cheaper) if you have all your vaccinations up to date before the medical. Go to you doctor, show them the list of requirements, and ensure all are up to date. I had to have MMR (I was 43 when going through K1, so they didn't have that when i was a kid) and a Tetanus booster (as you say, need one every ten years), and I think I had a couple more because we weren't sure whether I needed them or not (some depend on your age). I think the MMR and perhaps one of the others required 2 or 3 vaccinations over a period of a couple of months, so good to get started on the process early.

Edited by Limey

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS-related process~

~OP: :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum, or is helped by the forum.~

(mod hat off)

Review the excellent pinned topic about immunizations located at the top of the Fam.-based AOS Forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~The inclusion of timelines enables responders to quickly realize your place in the immigration process, and more accurately tailor proper responses based upon your timeline, rather than having to go through an often lengthy question and answer session about your place in the process.~

~Additionally, the more folks that fill in their timelines, the more relevant the VJ processing time estimates, increased number of datapoints, increased relevency.~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

What is supposed to happen is that at your medical, they fill out the DS3025 completely and properly and it starts its immigration journey with you. It gets put into a sealed envelope which you present at the embassy for your interview (or set there, I think that depends), then it gets put into another sealed envelope which you present at the border, they inspect it, put it back in and submit to USCIS.

Look at the instructions for filing for AOS:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Page 4, 7C. It clearly says that K1 entrants need to only do the vaccination form of the I-693.

Then go to the instructions for form I-693:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-693instr.pdf?download=1

Page 6 and 7 part 3C. It clearly states that K1s don't have to do the medical OR the vaccination supplement if the DS 3025 was properly completed.

Now, here's the issue. When you apply for AOS, USCIS is *supposed to* link up your AOS file and this file submitted at the border. They don't always. And people get RFEs about this (we did, we got out of it by pointing out exactly what I pointed out to you).

Now here's another issue, and one that I think is what Yuna may have tried to explain to you. Apparently, at Knightsbridge, they're in the habit of NOT filling out the DS 3025 properly. Something about checking a particular box, I do not know. By them failing to do this, they are basically signing you up to need to see a civil surgeon here in the US to "transcribe" these vaccinations for you. So, make sure you at least get a copy of the DS 3025, or take care of the vaccinations beforehand and keep a copy of THOSE records. You can apply for AOS without submitting any medical forms and see what ahppens. You might get the "oops we forgot that your medical is another file" RFE or the "your DS 3025 isn't filled out properly" RFE, or none at all. If you get those, you can find a civil surgeon near you who will transcribe the DS 3025 onto the i-693 for a fee. Or, you can do that before you submit AOS if you don't want to risk an RFE. Your choice. But whatever you do, make sure you've got and keep a copy of vaccination proof because that will make your life a lot easier.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.