Joe M

Immigration visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Fiji
Timeline

I have send all documents to nvc last one being affidavit of support its been 6 weeks no response .When I called them they told me they still processing May 2010 visas .I have been waiting for 6 or more years how much longer I have to wait .anybody can they let me know how long it took after you send affidavit of support that they got interview calls

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

is your priority date current? they won't give you an interview until your priority date is current

who are you petitioning or who petitioned you and what is the priority date?

Filed: Other Country: Fiji
Timeline

My parents petition me and I don't know my priority date . They logged my papers in 2011January.where in the papers send to me by nvc is priority date is written

Timeline

hi

it's when a visa is available for you

is your mom a resident or US Citizen? I assume you are unmarried and over 21? what country are your from?

there is a visa bulletin that you have to check every month, when your priority date appears there, then they will schedule an interview

Timeline

hi

ok, then your category is F2B

here is the visa bulletin for December, the January one is late, so check the site for January in a few days

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-december-2016.html

the person who spoke with you at NVC gave you the correct information, they are working on petitions filed on/priority date is May 10th 2010

so there is a few months to wait for

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.