ullumanali

W2's needed for K3 I-134 Preparation or Interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

I'm trying to collect all the info/documents we will need going forward...

I read somewhere that we will need to show W2's at some point - is that when I get the I-134 notorized at USCIS or during my wife's interview? Do these need to be just copies or must I get them notorized as well?

Thanks!

/UM

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi!

I read somewhere that we will need to show W2's at some point - is that when I get the I-134 notorized at USCIS or during my wife's interview? Do these need to be just copies or must I get them notorized as well?

Thanks!

/UM

Notarize the I-134 at any notary. Copies of the W2's are included with the tax return copies you provide along with the I-134. Actual tax transcripts are preferred. You can order them free from the IRS.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks pushbrk, I have the tax transcripts for the last 3 years already and will have a copy of this years filing.

Does this mean I won't need any previous W2s during the whole K3 visa process besides the one with this year's return?

Best,

/UM

Notarize the I-134 at any notary. Copies of the W2's are included with the tax return copies you provide along with the I-134. Actual tax transcripts are preferred. You can order them free from the IRS.

Filed: Timeline

I believe if you get your tax transcripts from the IRS your W2's will not be needed. If you have your actual tax returns then your W2's will be needed. I wanted to be extra safe so I sent my husband both (Tax Transcript and Tax Returns with W2's)

Thanks pushbrk, I have the tax transcripts for the last 3 years already and will have a copy of this years filing.

Does this mean I won't need any previous W2s during the whole K3 visa process besides the one with this year's return?

Best,

/UM

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, that is correct.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

ullumanali,

If you are going to include copies if income tax returns as part of your sponsorship package then they need to be complete copies. That means including the W-2 forms that were part of your returns.

Yodrak

Hi!

Thanks!

/UM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Only the I134 needs to be notarized.

Send everything you have.

We made the mistake of taking originals to the interview. I never dreamed they would want to keep my tax records. I thought they would look at them and give them back. I did not realize until days after we left that they had kept them. This turned out to be a problem for the last 2 years.

Transcripts are fine. Returns are fine also. Yodrak has been here a long time. If I had the W2's I would file them also ( copies )

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Timeline

Thanks pushbrk, Yodrak, sjoefl01....

For 2003, 2004 and 2005 I have the tax transcripts. I have copies of those notarized by an Indian notary which my wife can take to the interview and leave with them, while bringing the original tax transcripts back.

For 2006, I will file my return next week; not sure if IRS can issue a tax transcript for this once it's processed. I believe it takes a year for them to issue a transcript. So in this case I will provide her with a copy of the return including W-2s.

I guess that will cover it all off...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.