Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Norway
Timeline

Are there anyone approved in the past two weeks from VJ? It’s suprising that no one on VJ is approved yet. There’s been a lot of movements for cases in December based on case tracker. 

So to explain our case number: 

the one that came with your fingerprint notice DOESNT COUNT. You should only use the case number that came with You I-797 notice of actions (NOA1), which typically results in a larger(later) case number. (e.g.  people have WAC17048 that came with the fingerprint notice-> this one will never be updated. The WAC17076 that comes with NOA1 -> is the one that will be updated by USCIS.) 

Also, how to decipher the date from our case number: (your NOA1 notice case number ONLY.) 

WAC -> California service center 

17 -> fiscal year (starts October 1st 2016) 

076 > the day number counting from October 1st 2016. In this case December 15th, which should match your NOA1 date. 

Hipefully this calrifies things. 

52 minutes ago, coolgchat said:

Are there anyone approved in the past two weeks from VJ? It’s suprising that no one on VJ is approved yet. There’s been a lot of movements for cases in December based on case tracker. 

the one that came with your fingerprint notice DOESNT COUNT. You should only use the case number that came with You I-797 notice of actions (NOA1), which typically results in a larger(later) case number. (e.g.  people have WAC17048 that came with the fingerprint notice-> this one will never be updated. The WAC17076 that comes with NOA1 -> is the one that will be updated by USCIS.) 

Also, how to decipher the date from our case number: (your NOA1 notice case number ONLY.) 

076 > the day number counting from October 1st 2016. In this case December 15th, which should match your NOA1 date. 

Hi, where do you see a lot of movements in December fillers at case app? I mean, which case number you looking around? For example, I’m searching in range WAC17073 and it’s 3 approvals out of 500 cases, so yes it’s something, but I wouldn’t call it a lot of movement. Majority of cases has a good ol glitch with “recived at local office”, about 5% is “another jurisdiction”. Please share your observation and conclusion about case tracke progress in reflection of cases numbers.

8 hours ago, coolgchat said:

Thanks so much!  makes perfect sense.  I'd never seen "Julian" dates starting with a fiscal year rather than calendar, so the number appeared just randomly sequential to me.  So my 17068 matches to my Dec 7 date.  Perfect....if only they were actually adjudicating them sequentially.  If there is movement in the January group, there must be some variations (btw, doing some more recent applications mixed with the older ones will bring down their overall stats to look better)

Edited by dburnt
spelling

2 hours ago, dburnt said:

Thanks so much!  makes perfect sense.  I'd never seen "Julian" dates starting with a fiscal year rather than calendar, so the number appeared just randomly sequential to me.  So my 17068 matches to my Dec 7 date.  Perfect....if only they were actually adjudicating them sequentially.  If there is movement in the January group, there must be some variations (btw, doing some more recent applications mixed with the older ones will bring down their overall stats to look better)

Mine is 17068 too . Got the May 1 and 3 update and that was it . Transferred to another office that has jurisdiction 

2 minutes ago, coolgchat said:

That might actually mean yours is transferred to NBC and should be approved soon. But you never know ... 

Hopefully Imma have a good sleep cos my wife really wanna go to France for our anniversary in September.  I so much wish I get my citizenship by then so we can enter Spain with no visa application 

Filed: Other Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, dburnt said:

I think they largely do it sequentially but they probably batch it for officers to process, that's why you see this trend where it's sequential (they process August, then September, then October, etc.) But individual dates of approvals within the time period is somewhat random. All I can say based on data is that they have started processing December filers for sure so we should see updates sooner or later. I'm just surprised that for those whose NOA1 dates are within the first week of December 2016, where I see a lot of approvals already, none has surfaced on VJ yet... 

1 minute ago, Lordofemrys said:

Hopefully Imma have a good sleep cos my wife really wanna go to France for our anniversary in September.  I so much wish I get my citizenship by then so we can enter Spain with no visa application 

Oh if you filed N400 already you're in a different queue ... 

Hey anyone who got their case transferred to NBC track the case with the 1800 and still getting we transferred your case to ligunel Miguel California . I m kinda confused with that cos the officer that talked to me said it’s been transferred to NBC but USPS messed me up cos my mailing is missing .

44 minutes ago, Lordofemrys said:

Hey anyone who got their case transferred to NBC track the case with the 1800 and still getting we transferred your case to ligunel Miguel California . I m kinda confused with that cos the officer that talked to me said it’s been transferred to NBC but USPS messed me up cos my mailing is missing .

Yes. I believe we all are. I had an email on may 1st. When i checked the 800 number it says case transfered to nbc. Then on may 3rd after getting the second email it says case transfer to Laguna miguel. But i only recieved the notice for the first transfer to nbc. And it says after preliminary review your case was transfered. The wording was different to some. It says to speed up the process your case was transfered. I believe every body got may 1st transfer notice, all to nbc, i also believe no one got may 3rd transfer notice. And i think it must be the same for all regarding the 800, all transfer to california. But as to what it means i have no idea. I was told by 2 tier 2 officers that it means our cases are being worked on but not necessarily transferred. And tier 1 said actual transfer.

1 hour ago, Waiting4mygreenn said:

Yes. I believe we all are. I had an email on may 1st. When i checked the 800 number it says case transfered to nbc. Then on may 3rd after getting the second email it says case transfer to Laguna miguel. But i only recieved the notice for the first transfer to nbc. And it says after preliminary review your case was transfered. The wording was different to some. It says to speed up the process your case was transfered. I believe every body got may 1st transfer notice, all to nbc, i also believe no one got may 3rd transfer notice. And i think it must be the same for all regarding the 800, all transfer to california. But as to what it means i have no idea. I was told by 2 tier 2 officers that it means our cases are being worked on but not necessarily transferred. And tier 1 said actual transfer.

USPS lost my mail and I couldn’t read the content of my mail. All i see was the notice was sent in my informed delivery but never made it to my doorstep

16 minutes ago, Lordofemrys said:

USPS lost my mail and I couldn’t read the content of my mail. All i see was the notice was sent in my informed delivery but never made it to my doorstep

It will show one of 2 possible wordings, to speed up processing of your case, or after a preliminary review of you case, then we transfered your case to our office in nbc. Thats all. Not worth worrying about or losing sleep over, it happens all the time. I never recieved any letter before from uscis except the nbc transfer notice, yet my case was transferred  to my local office in february and i had an interview already, but no notices arrived, not even response to few case inquiries i made. They always send them either to my lawyer or probably an address i lived at 15 years ago

1 hour ago, Lordofemrys said:

41 minutes ago, Waiting4mygreenn said:

It will show one of 2 possible wordings, to speed up processing of your case, or after a preliminary review of you case, then we transfered your case to our office in nbc. Thats all. Not worth worrying about or losing sleep over, it happens all the time. I never recieved any letter before from uscis except the nbc transfer notice, yet my case was transferred  to my local office in february and i had an interview already, but no notices arrived, not even response to few case inquiries i made. They always send them either to my lawyer or probably an address i lived at 15 years ago

Gracias 

Hello everyone, I am a new member here and also submitted my I-751 in December 2016. I filed a waiver case and finalized my divorce in January 2017.

Like some of you I am waiting an RFE and interview. My question was, since my divorce, I have met someone new and he proposed and we want to get married. Is this going to affect me with my interview? My marriage was in good faith and have tons of documents to submit along with a RFE if needed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.