Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, dlmbtltk said:

No i didnt put on a service request cause the lady on the phone told me that i was still within the normal timeline.

I'm so curious and it sucks cause my mail doesnt come till end of the day

I bet it’s a transfer / interview notice triggered by n400. Keep us posted! 

Btw, guys, where do you see a transfer status? On usics.gov or dhs? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Scazy said:

I bet it’s a transfer / interview notice triggered by n400. Keep us posted! 

Btw, guys, where do you see a transfer status? On usics.gov or dhs? 

I got the notification from USCIS yesterday afternoon and from dhs website in the middle of the night. But I didn’t file for N400 

I just tried to add N400 column to our December list but formatting is off :/ If anyone is better in it than myself, I think it’s important to add N400 info as that definitely affects proceeding way/timing and gives a better idea of how cases are moving ( like in September, October thread there is a certain pattern for people who filed and did not filled n400) Would greatly appreciate it 

Starting to feel left out, I've still not received any transfer notice!

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Natonstan said:

Starting to feel left out, I've still not received any transfer notice!

The funny thing is that you might get approved tomorrow and the ones who got the transfer notice might still be waiting lol.. I see no consistency in how USCIS handles cases.. in most cases they make absolutely no sense. I still don't get how most January 2018 cases were approved in CSC but we December filers haven't seen much progress at all :/

AOS Journey:

9/19/2014: AOS Package (i130, i485, i765 and i131) sent to Chicago lockbox using USPS Certified mail

12/3/2014: EAD and Advanced Parole in Production :dancing:

12/12/2014: EAD/AP Card received

1/23/2015: Interview is Scheduled for February 27!

1/28/2015: Interview Letter Received

3/10/2015: Greencard Received

12/3/2016: Filed i751 at California Service Center

12/4/2016: Filed N400 - Dallas TX

2/18/2018: i751 Case transferred to Local Office

2/26/2018: i751 Case received at Local Office

1/5/2018: i751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

3/5/2018: Another update saying i751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

5/7/2018: Received Letter stating i751 Case transferred to National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO 64064

5/30/2018: Interview scheduled for N400

7/11/2018: Attended interview and was informed it will be a combo N400/I751 interview

8/6/2018: N400 Approved

8/7/2018: I751 Approved

9/5/2018: Oath Ceremony missed due to travel abroad and letter sent to USCIS to reschedule ceremony

10/2/2018: Officially a US Citizen! 

Hi All,

I wonder if someone has some advice. I submitted my i-751 back in November of 2016, it was received an processed on 12/16/2016, but the receipt number for some reason changed and it shows in "My Cases" as a CRI-89. I have been chasing my case status for some time as all that has showed since 12/19/2016 was: 

Fees Were Waived

On December 19, 2016, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxx. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. 

After this all I got was the I-797 so I could travel and it has the original receipt number that would not show up under "My Cases" or a search on the USCIS website.

I called the USCIS today and was told I am withing normal processing of 17.5 to 19 months. However on the off chance after my call with them discussing the reciept number down for the CRI-89 I checked the old WAC number on my I-797 and it shows up and says:

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On March 5, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxx, at your local office. 

But I received no notification of this by mail, email or text.

Anyone know whats going on, does that now mean the clock starts again from March 5th 2018 for my i-751?

Thanks in advance!

Hey @Rob82UK. The clock does not start again from March 5th 2018. It still starts from November 2016.

From what I understand every time they move our case, even in the same building or to another room, we'll receive that message of "We received your form...at your local office". If and when our cases are moving to our local office we'll receive a transfer notice online and a letter in the mail.

Hope that helps.

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

1 hour ago, YafaUSA said:

Hey @Rob82UK. The clock does not start again from March 5th 2018. It still starts from November 2016.

From what I understand every time they move our case, even in the same building or to another room, we'll receive that message of "We received your form...at your local office". If and when our cases are moving to our local office we'll receive a transfer notice online and a letter in the mail.

Hope that helps.

I agree with your opinions (you quoted rob82UK though), the way to distinguish the real transfer from a glitch message is whether we receive a notice in the mail. The transfer we all got back in late Feb. early Mar. 2018 was their system glitch, therefore we didn't receive any notice in the mail. (Few people did get the mail which proves to be a real transfer to another service center at that time). 

For the transfer happened on 5/1, I checked my USCIS online account, It says "Read the notice we mailed you for an explanation on why we transferred your case" so it supposed to be a mail coming in..

Got impatient and called USICS and tier 1 told me my case is at local office as of March 4. After explanation that this is a glitch a lot of fillers got and I have not received any letter about it I was placed on hold. He came back to me saying my case is still at California and might be processed in a few weeks or few months. Ugh. 

4 minutes ago, frigatebird said:

I agree with your opinions (you quoted rob82UK though), the way to distinguish the real transfer from a glitch message is whether we receive a notice in the mail. The transfer we all got back in late Feb. early Mar. 2018 was their system glitch, therefore we didn't receive any notice in the mail. (Few people did get the mail which proves to be a real transfer to another service center at that time). 

For the transfer happened on 5/1, I checked my USCIS online account, It says "Read the notice we mailed you for an explanation on why we transferred your case" so it supposed to be a mail coming in..

I don’t know how accurate any of this is. The system glitch was mentioned by the agent tht I spoke with on the phone. She said that when a case is transferred to a local office they don’t necessarily have to give notice by mail. So who knows what’s going on 🤷🏾‍♀️

1 hour ago, NeyNey876 said:

I don’t know how accurate any of this is. The system glitch was mentioned by the agent tht I spoke with on the phone. She said that when a case is transferred to a local office they don’t necessarily have to give notice by mail. So who knows what’s going on 🤷🏾‍♀️

The thing about these people we call there is a huge chance they dont know anything and an even bigget chance they dont care to know. Recently we have been giving them questions that go way beyond their scope of “input your name and read the case status” as we do online. I dont see how they would have people that answer the phone know where the file is, clearly these are call center employees and are nowhere near close to being immigration officers. And I dont see immigration officers who know how sensitive their work is answering randoms on the phone about the whereabouts of a file. I dont see them answering the phone at all with how messy everything seems at the department right now. 

When we call, we are still the center the universe to ourselves, when these people pick up, our rings are going off while they are still talking to someone else about the same question, they must all be over explaining this mess and not surprisingly talking out of their ### to get you off the phone until you get mail. 

Mail is the ONLY thing that matters in this game. 

Ps: I concluded this from common sense and from last years reading the misinfo gathered from the misinformation line

1 hour ago, NeyNey876 said:

Maybe, because we don't even know if it's a transfer to local office or to another service center. We can only find out from the fact that already  happened to the VJ'ers reported their experience. So there are some approval among Jan. 2017 filers who got their cases transferred to another service center. We'll see how it goes.

7 minutes ago, frigatebird said:

Maybe, because we don't even know if it's a transfer to local office or to another service center. We can only find out from the fact that already  happened to the VJ'ers reported their experience. So there are some approval among Jan. 2017 filers who got their cases transferred to another service center. We'll see how it goes.

I honestly don’t know. If they were going based on filing priority we should have heard something by now. Don’t you think? It seems as though priority isn’t even being taken into consideration when processing these case files. I’m going to call again tomorrow and speak with someone who actually knows where my case is. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.