Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mamosc said:

I've filed December 2016 and Noa was received soon after. Never received the biometric appointment tho

Definitely schedule an info pass and tomorroe early AM call USICS and ask to talk to tier 2 officer as well. The agents who talk to you first is just a call center people, they can't see your file. However, tier 2 should be able to. 

Hi everyone,

Is co-mingle finance mandatory for I-751? When I filed last Dec. I did include our joint bank statement, but our utility bill is under my husband only- he pays for the household expense. Also the he purchased the property years ago, the mortgage is under his name only. Now I'm afraid will this fact cause me trouble?

Does everybody here all have your finance co-mingled? And submitted joint utility bill/joint mortgage/joint lease?

Thanks for your early reply~

27 minutes ago, frigatebird said:

Hi everyone,

Is co-mingle finance mandatory for I-751? When I filed last Dec. I did include our joint bank statement, but our utility bill is under my husband only- he pays for the household expense. Also the he purchased the property years ago, the mortgage is under his name only. Now I'm afraid will this fact cause me trouble?

Does everybody here all have your finance co-mingled? And submitted joint utility bill/joint mortgage/joint lease?

Thanks for your early reply~

Not even close to all.  Joint bank statements and credit cards, taxes, life and auto insurance and health benefits.  Other than that, only the cell phone has both our names.  He bought the house years ago, and the electric, water, etc. are his name only.  I’m not worried because it is perfectly normal.  If we refinance the house, we will add my name, but otherwise, not worried.  A couple of bills in one name when all the real finance (money, life insurance, beneficiary on my investments) show both is plenty in my mind

On 11/15/2017 at 4:55 PM, dburnt said:

Not even close to all.  Joint bank statements and credit cards, taxes, life and auto insurance and health benefits.  Other than that, only the cell phone has both our names.  He bought the house years ago, and the electric, water, etc. are his name only.  I’m not worried because it is perfectly normal.  If we refinance the house, we will add my name, but otherwise, not worried.  A couple of bills in one name when all the real finance (money, life insurance, beneficiary on my investments) show both is plenty in my mind

I have a very similar case as you do, I submitted joint bank statement, joint tax return transcript, survivor ship, auto insurance, cell phone family bundle.

But I didn't write a letter explaining why I didn't include mortgage and utility bills. Not sure if it will cause RFE or interview, and my husband is very weak in communication, any interview he gets super nervous and makes his communication even worse.

6 hours ago, frigatebird said:

I have a very similar case as you do, I submitted joint bank statement, joint tax return transcript, survivor ship, auto insurance, cell phone family bundle.

But I didn't write a letter explaining why I didn't include mortgage and utility bills. Not sure if it will cause RFE or interview, and my husband is very weak in communication, any interview he gets super nervous and makes his communication even worse.

I guess it depends on the person who adjudicates your application and whether or not they decide to be pedantic. I wouldn't worry too much its more than I have. I am also assuming it's whether or not there are any red flags with cases, like age difference etc. I am guessing they probably use a combination of things before they send you for an interview. I should imagine if you are not approved immediately it will be no more than an RFE.  Try not to worry and hopefully your approval will be soon. :).  

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

10 hours ago, shell20 said:

I guess it depends on the person who adjudicates your application and whether or not they decide to be pedantic. I wouldn't worry too much its more than I have. I am also assuming it's whether or not there are any red flags with cases, like age difference etc. I am guessing they probably use a combination of things before they send you for an interview. I should imagine if you are not approved immediately it will be no more than an RFE.  Try not to worry and hopefully your approval will be soon. :).  

I agree with you, it depends on the adjudicator and the method they use to decide whether it will be approved or to be pedantic. This year it's already being very pedantic, don't know how fast they will move in holiday seasons. If they only complete Aug by the end of this year. It could take another 6 months to reach Dec., which would be around May or June, 2018, OMG!

Praying it goes smooth when they open December's piles.

The thing is even they require RFE for example joint mortgage or lease, I wouldn't be able to provide those.

I filed my I-751 removal of conditions in Dec 2016 (12/05 to be exact) and today I got the letter in the mail from USCIS that I've been waiting for! My request for removal of conditions has been approved! After my case # showed the fees were waived there was literally zero communication from USCIS until my approval letter arrived today. My new GC should be in hand within 60 days. I'm so excited! :jest:

01/24/2015: Green Card / 2 Year Permanent Resident Card received.

12/05/2016: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions.

12/24/2016: NOA1 received. 

01/09/2017: Biometrics Appointment.

11/10/2017: I-751 approval letter received (No Interview Required)!!

11/30/2017: 10yr Green Card produced & mailed.

1 hour ago, ahlibs said:

I filed my I-751 removal of conditions in Dec 2016 (12/05 to be exact) and today I got the letter in the mail from USCIS that I've been waiting for! My request for removal of conditions has been approved! After my case # showed the fees were waived there was literally zero communication from USCIS until my approval letter arrived today. My new GC should be in hand within 60 days. I'm so excited! :jest:

Congratulations! Please update us when you get you Permanent GC. God bless! 

1 hour ago, ahlibs said:

Wow! This definitely breeds some hope! Congrats!🎉🎈🎊🍾 Prolly feels like a huge weight has been lifted! 

What service center? 

3 hours ago, ahlibs said:

Congrats!!!I wish california would work quicker too!))My case was a week later than yours.

On 15.11.2017 at 6:16 AM, mamosc said:

I've filed December 2016 and Noa was received soon after. Never received the biometric appointment tho

that is a serious issue! a year passed after you filed and you didnt think about bimetrics not being done? BAsically, no one was processing your case, as they do not even look at it until its completed with last stage - biometrics. You need to contact immediately tier 1 officer. Once you do your biometrics, you probably will be in line with december 2017 filers.

Hi there. Will appreciate if you could reply to my queries

1)    Does USICS informs everybody by email and sms at the time of approval (before formal

mail is received , or do you  have to register somewhere for it?

2)    How do you register with courier company (is it USPS or UPS ?) so that you are

pre-informed about a mail being sent in your name by USICS.

Thanks in advance for your response.

8 hours ago, Family👨👩👧👦 said:

Congratulations! Please update us when you get you Permanent GC. God bless! 

Thank you! Yes, I'll share an update when I receive my card in the mail. :) 

8 hours ago, NeyNey876 said:

Wow! This definitely breeds some hope! Congrats!🎉🎈🎊🍾 Prolly feels like a huge weight has been lifted! 

What service center? 

Thanks! :D Yes, a huge weight and this happened much earlier than I anticipated! I filed with the Vermont Service Center. I didn't go as nuts with evidence as I did with my I-129F or I-485, but I didn't necessarily skimp either and tried not to over think it (but of course was regularly wondering.. did I include enough? lol). Couldn't have made it this far without this amazing site and forum! :wub:

6 hours ago, Linalina said:

Congrats!!!I wish california would work quicker too!))My case was a week later than yours.

Thank you :) Fingers crossed we see both CSC & VSC plow through all December 2016 filers soon. I didn't expect to receive a response so early at all.

01/24/2015: Green Card / 2 Year Permanent Resident Card received.

12/05/2016: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions.

12/24/2016: NOA1 received. 

01/09/2017: Biometrics Appointment.

11/10/2017: I-751 approval letter received (No Interview Required)!!

11/30/2017: 10yr Green Card produced & mailed.

On 18.11.2017 at 6:54 PM, ahlibs said:

Thank you :) Fingers crossed we see both CSC & VSC plow through all December 2016 filers soon. I didn't expect to receive a response so early at all.

You must've been a good boy /girl ( sorry not sure who you are))) that Santa made you an early present!!))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.