1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i agree and im sure it will be 0 for July as well because i did not hear of anyone getting an interview letter. hopefully we get news soon, this is has already been a long process so its even harder now that we have to wait more once we are already current. 

what is your pd?

Timeline

Hi, Tash1111, Ruban, L&G3112, Triple28, mfh,

So we are all with Montreal. Looks like F21 is a very small group for Montreal. If they can do 4-5 a month, we at lease are 6 people, it still takes 2 months to process us.

But my understanding is that NVC issues IL, not the embassy, right? If NVC doesn't send our IL to embassy, then the embassy will not interview us.

I'm just confused which one we should push (NVC or Embassy). But definitely all of us should start pushing them harder (i.e. call them every other day). It is unfair that they haven't processed F21 since May.

15 minutes ago, f2a_ca said:

So we are all with Montreal. Looks like F21 is a very small group for Montreal. If they can do 4-5 a month, we at lease are 6 people, it still takes 2 months to process us.

But my understanding is that NVC issues IL, not the embassy, right? If NVC doesn't send our IL to embassy, then the embassy will not interview us.

I'm just confused which one we should push (NVC or Embassy). But definitely all of us should start pushing them harder (i.e. call them every other day). It is unfair that they haven't processed F21 since May.

f2a-ca

I think most of us are calling NVC everyday, at least i am calling everyday. I also got hold of supervisor recently and argued with him but it didn't worked. I think Montreal consulate sends them open slots every month but its NVC who is not scheduling us for some reason.

1 hour ago, f2a_ca said:

I am not F2A case, I only visit this thread to see if I can help regarding to NVC processing.

You can try to call the Consulate and ask them why they have not interviewed any F2A since May 2005, according to the Visa Statistic report in USCIS website.

Or you can wait until September 1 to call NVC again. That is the time NVC begins sending interview letter for October, first month of the new fiscal year.

So hopes that you will get IL due to an available of new visa quota.

Edited by Triple28

Timeline

Thanks Ruban, Triple28, I will call them everyday as well. I thought if the PD is current, you should have the visa quota available in the same month? (i.e. if your PD is current in May, you should have the visa quota of May)

1 hour ago, f2a_ca said:

Thanks Ruban, Triple28, I will call them everyday as well. I thought if the PD is current, you should have the visa quota available in the same month? (i.e. if your PD is current in May, you should have the visa quota of May)

You don't have to call them everyday. Because they finished scheduling the interview for September. 

Just wait until August 31 to call them for October interview.

Even the PD is current, the Embassy will decide whether they can interview all current cases. 

There was one F2B case had to wait for an interview in August, while his brother with a same PD got interview in June, although his case was current and completed. Because his Embassy was so busy that they cannot interview them all.

Edited by Triple28

Timeline
11 hours ago, Triple28 said:

You don't have to call them everyday. Because they finished scheduling the interview for September. 

Just wait until August 31 to call them for October interview.

Even the PD is current, the Embassy will decide whether they can interview all current cases. 

There was one F2B case had to wait for an interview in August, while his brother with a same PD got interview in June, although his case was current and completed. Because his Embassy was so busy that they cannot interview them all.

Thanks Triple28, let's hope Oct will bring everyone good news.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all, 

I also have not heard anything from NVC about our interview in Montreal (F2A, PD: 16MAY16) even though our PD is current as of July 1, so I searched the web and found this thread.  Does anyone have any updates on the Montreal interview schedule? Is it possible to change the embassy location?

If you check your CEAC application status, does it say it's still "At NVC" or "In Montreal"?

I am very nervous about how long this is taking... 

Thanks in advance,

K

Timeline

Hi @Kiki Kat i am pd may 19 in mtl. We cannot change embassy because this is the only one left in canada. Montreal is backlogged they have not assigned any interviews for f2a since we became current. Hopefully next week we will get some news as they will be scheduling again. 

They usually scheduled the last week of the month.  When i check ceac i see “at nvc” . 

Hope this helps 

Timeline
1 hour ago, tash1111 said:

Hi @Kiki Kat i am pd may 19 in mtl. We cannot change embassy because this is the only one left in canada. Montreal is backlogged they have not assigned any interviews for f2a since we became current. Hopefully next week we will get some news as they will be scheduling again. 

They usually scheduled the last week of the month.  When i check ceac i see “at nvc” . 

Hope this helps 

Thank you, Tash. It's good to know I am not alone with this. :) I'll keep you posted if I receive anything... fingers crossed for all MTL cases 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.