twaila

process k1 here in uae or philippines?

53 posts in this topic

hi i have a us citzen boyfriend who plans to start processing for our visa after we meet personally. i am a filipina but im presently working here in abu dhabi but my contract is about to end . i just would like to ask if anyone knows which is faster processing fiancee visa here in abu dhabi or in the philippines? im confused whether i renew my contract and process here or end my contract and process in the philippines? he just wants us to be together immediately thats why...0 thank u so much for any reply

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well if your work contract is about to end and you are going to return to the Philippines, I would just process it through the Philippines.

There isn't really a "faster" or "quicker" route either way; but again unless you are going to remain in UAE as a legal resident or some sort, I would process it through Philippines.

Just to note, though you are a Filipina, processing it in the UAE could cause it to take longer at the interview stage with extra AP for back ground checks. Might not happen since you are from the Philippines; but just something to think about.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

hi i have a us citzen boyfriend who plans to start processing for our visa after we meet personally. i am a filipina but im presently working here in abu dhabi but my contract is about to end . i just would like to ask if anyone knows which is faster processing fiancee visa here in abu dhabi or in the philippines? im confused whether i renew my contract and process here or end my contract and process in the philippines? he just wants us to be together immediately thats why...0 thank u so much for any reply

Also consider your work contract you may have difficulty leaving in the middle of the contract. My husband processed his visa in the UAE and had to have proof from his company that his obligations in his contract were met and they were allowing him to leave.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since you are about to end your contract, it would be better to just process it in the Philippines. Just be reminded to get a POLICE CLEARANCE before you leave the country. I got my Visa in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

hi i need guide for the requirments or documents that i need to bring on the interview in abu dhabi my fiance visa status is on process. please help me i need the specific requirments now i juat have a nbi clearance and police clearance back 2013 can i use that or i need to a new on? please help me asap

• 2 weeks later...

which documents do i need for the interview can someone provide the requirements that i need. im a filipino working in dubai. my fiance visa is on proccess im just waiting for my interview schedule. please reply who ever had an experience in abu dhabi us embassy.

Well if your work contract is about to end and you are going to return to the Philippines, I would just process it through the Philippines.

There isn't really a "faster" or "quicker" route either way; but again unless you are going to remain in UAE as a legal resident or some sort, I would process it through Philippines.

Just to note, though you are a Filipina, processing it in the UAE could cause it to take longer at the interview stage with extra AP for back ground checks. Might not happen since you are from the Philippines; but just something to think about.

thank u so much for some ideas and suggestions... i really appreciate

Since you are about to end your contract, it would be better to just process it in the Philippines. Just be reminded to get a POLICE CLEARANCE before you leave the country. I got my Visa in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

thank u so much for the suggestions i really appreciate

Also consider your work contract you may have difficulty leaving in the middle of the contract. My husband processed his visa in the UAE and had to have proof from his company that his obligations in his contract were met and they were allowing him to leave.

thank u very much

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there Adawee! Re your question, you have to receive an e-mail from the Abu Dhabi US Embassy for further instructions on how to schedule the interview and medical. :) Even if your status changes from In Transit to Ready, you cannot go about scheduling without the email from them. Our status changed from In Transit to Ready last Nov 26 and we just got the email last December 22, 2016. If you don't have that e-mail and you went on with scheduling it anyway, you might be denied entry in the US Embassy on the date of your interview. Also, as per the lady I talked to when I called their call center, it could in the form of an email or a physical mail. And it could be you or your fiance who would receive it.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Hello there Adawee! Re your question, you have to receive an e-mail from the Abu Dhabi US Embassy for further instructions on how to schedule the interview and medical. :) Even if your status changes from In Transit to Ready, you cannot go about scheduling without the email from them. Our status changed from In Transit to Ready last Nov 26 and we just got the email last December 22, 2016. If you don't have that e-mail and you went on with scheduling it anyway, you might be denied entry in the US Embassy on the date of your interview. Also, as per the lady I talked to when I called their call center, it could be in the form of an email or a physical mail. And it could be you or your fiance who would receive it. Hope this helps! :) 

Edited by elliehaberl

Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Hi Twaila! There is really no exact timeline on which country/consulate would be able to process the case faster. It actually depends on the docs you are sending, like if there is anything lacking, expect some delay on the process. Also, if there are so many holidays in between, the process could take longer. There are some differences with the steps on the K1 visa here and in the Philippines as well. An example is the medical exam in the Philippines as it takes 2 days, the vaccines being done on the 2nd day, but here in the UAE, medical examination will only take maximum 3 to 4 hours. Also, here in the UAE you cannot just go about scheduling the interview and medical once your case changes from In Transit to Ready without receiving the email from the US Embassy. But in the Philippines, once it does change, you can go ahead on your merry way and pay for the visa fee and do the medical. :)

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, elliehaberl said:

Hello there Adawee! Re your question, you have to receive an e-mail from the Abu Dhabi US Embassy for further instructions on how to schedule the interview and medical. :) Even if your status changes from In Transit to Ready, you cannot go about scheduling without the email from them. Our status changed from In Transit to Ready last Nov 26 and we just got the email last December 22, 2016. If you don't have that e-mail and you went on with scheduling it anyway, you might be denied entry in the US Embassy on the date of your interview. Also, as per the lady I talked to when I called their call center, it could be in the form of an email or a physical mail. And it could be you or your fiance who would receive it. Hope this helps! :) 

u scared me

so the instructions is about wt

did u submit ur documnts bfre the interview

we are just 9 days away from the interview.we didnt receive any thng from the embassy

The thing is, in the UAE, even if you see your status changed from In Transit to Ready on their website, you cannot go through the scheduling of interview and medical without receiving the PACKET 3 first. Packet 3 contains the instruction on how to schedule the interview, a letter from the US consulate on the list of requirements to bring for the interview, a list of accredited hospitals where the  medical can be done and the security policies that you have to observe in the embassy on the day of the interview. Our case has been ready since Nov 26 but we did not schedule right away because we haven't received the Packet 3 yet which as per the lady in the USEm callcenter, could come in the form of an email or a physical mail. She discouraged me to schedule the interview without receiving the packet 3 an urged me to wait instead. We received the email on December 22, my fiance got it and he forwarded it to me. You see, there was one incident where a lady (let's call her M) went on with scheduling it once she saw that the status has been changed from In Transit to Ready. She was informed beforehand by a fellow K1 Visa filer (let's call her G so it is not confusing) that she had to wait for an email but she still pushed for it, and asked G to forward the email for the Packet 3 to her email and M had it printed. But on the date of the interview, M was not allowed to enter, they told her that her papers are not yet in their office so she had to leave and reschedule another interview which, in UAE, is so hard to get as most of the slots are already taken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.