ryecatcher25

Proof that sending more evidence is best

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is a copy of what a person said in the manila thread and she is very glad that her fiance sent more than just "the bare minimum":::

Why i say dat, is becos ... when were called for CO interview (RM27).. was been sworned infront of my fiance and we are both interviewed, but when the CO tried to open our files .. ive seen .. that all the documents sent out on first sending of petition, the APPROVED stamp sticked on it, they say that CO interview is just formality and some might got in AR bcos of incomplete documents .... when i sent my documents to my fiance even xerox copies ... i completed it ... since my BC --- to my diplomas and employment certs. BUT.......

to my amazed .... when im into preliminary ... i was only asked for BC & NBI and affidavit and 3 albums of my pics (about 50pcs) and the officer just stack it on with the xerox copies i submitted before... they just wna get the originals of BC & NBI... when i was asked if ive been married before since ive got a son.... im the one who offered my CENOMAR original, they say no need bcos they got already xerox copy attached sent by my fiance.

Me & my fiance are very prepared, i felt sorry to one filipina yesterday , she was so young and unprepared ... only advice to some fiance pls be prepared for your fiancee to overcome success into this journey.... try to complete everything before sending the petition at first. my fiance done the checklist asked by the processing of petition in the US, he just clipped on and do another checklist like "OTHER DOCUMENTS" ( even dat was not on the list u need to submit, we just sent more wat they asked for)

--------------------------

SO the embassy did already recieve official documents that were needed at the interview through her fiance including them in the initial petition. This story goes a long way to proving what many have been saying for a long time you can try to influence the consulate by providing extra evidence. There really is no negative to giving more evidence.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Filed: Other Timeline

The I-129F petition is a very different animal at the service center than it is at the consulate.

From the service center viewpoint, you don't want to send too much. Their job is only to certify that you have met in the last 2 years. They aren't really interested in the validity of the relationship.

From the consulate standpoint, the petition is a chance for the CO to get a 'snapshot' of the relationship for the interview. Some say this can help in countries with more rigid consulates.

I believe there is a fine line between too much and not enough info.

I don't think it's a bad thing to give more evidence, because it gives you a chance that your AOS case will be approved without an interview later on.

Evidence on VJ suggests that those being adjusted without interview are being pulled from overloaded service centers. Interview-less approvals don't seem to be driven by the amount of evidence contained in the I-129F package - at least for the present.

In the case posted by the OP, the couple in question may have presented a lot of very well-chosen, positive, relevant evidence. It doesn't mean that sending a big pile of random ####### will help at interview time. ;)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

There really is no negative to giving more evidence.

Thats a big call from one experience at one particular embassy.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.