7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there VJ'ers , to those who had an interview, when you sit facing the uscis personnel during the face to face interview what do they usually asked from you?, or what are the first documents or identification they usually asks first? do they ask a photo copy of the documents?

Edited by shellauy

We were both asked for ID--my husband showed his passport and I gave my driver's license. The interviewer kept both pieces of ID in front of him during the entire interview.

We were asked for photos--we showed wedding photos and a few pictures of my husband's recent birthday dinner. Then we were asked for "other documents", which meant mail that my husband had received at our address. We gave copies of joint bank statements, a gas/electric bill with both our names, and a piece of junk mail from a cell phone company addressed to my husband. We offered more, but the official said he had enough.

The whole interview was more like a friendly chat--not stressful at all.

I hope yours is as pleasant as ours was.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Our interview was probably unusual because we weren't asked for anything except my husband's passport (with the I-94) and a photo of him with his twin brother. The AO asked us how we met, how many people were at our wedding, and how long we've been married. No other documentation was requested. We weren't even sworn in!

The primary concern at our interview was getting my husband his own A# as he was assigned his twin brother's number when we first started the process. The approval for us was fast and extremely easy.

We left the interview with the I-551 stamp in my husband's passport and were told to expect the green card to arrive in about 3 weeks :star:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks girls (pnd629 and tracyluis) for the replies, i really appreciate it, i was arranging my files this afternoon and i was confused with all the docu i have in my hand, so now i have an idea which one will be on top of my arrangement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi there....when i went for mine here in vermont, it wasn;t what i expected. not a question was asked about us.....instead she just went throu or file, making sure it was all in order, then made us repeat the answeres to that sheet of questions.. like are you a terrorist....and so on...she was real sweet, we had also talked to her when we went for our fingerprints......well..good luck, and all the best to you (F)

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I think it varies

Depending on the Circumstances of the case and the IO's mood.

We were initially asked for our Identification , he Verified our ID's asked us a few questions from our G-325's

Varified my employment. and that was it,

We prepared a beautifully organized folder of all our support evidence and lots of photos.

He barely looked at it.

The whole interview was very casual and our IO was very laid back and candid with us.

our interview took no more than 15 minutes, he approved us for 10 year GC pending our 2 year marriage anniversary.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.