11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Who's got the most recent conviction and how heavily does that weigh in when being adjudicated?

my hubby's is extremely recent. :unsure:

ALSO, WHAT IF THE CRIME IS CONSIDERED ONE THING IN THE FOREIGN COUNTRY AND ANOTHER ONE HERE? HOW DO THEY ADJUDICATE THAT??

i.e. my husband didn't present his child for visitation with his ex for x amount of time. in the us, that might be considered kidnapping, but NOT in france.

any thoughts? :wacko:

thanks. :help:

"Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire." -- François de La Rouchefoucauld

Who's got the most recent conviction and how heavily does that weigh in when being adjudicated?

ALSO, WHAT IF THE CRIME IS CONSIDERED ONE THING IN THE FOREIGN COUNTRY AND ANOTHER ONE HERE? HOW DO THEY ADJUDICATE THAT??

i.e. my husband didn't present his child for visitation with his ex for x amount of time. in the us, that might be considered kidnapping, but NOT in france.

Claudia,

Everything is matter the french ''casier judiciaire'' police record...

u should check if his french police record is ok for that u have to go in that site https://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr and order it on line it takes 3 days to get it if its nothing wrote on it, u ok, coz is that document is required to immigration process....

good luck i dont think its wrote on his french police record....but to be sure u need to order it

Good luck

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

I-130 Aproved the same day i went to Paris Embassy

Form DS-2001 sent back to Paris Embassy

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Adam walsh law, call from embassy final interview postpone

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

I- 130 petitions back from the Roma uscis ''reaproved''

Call from Paris Embassy confimation for my final interview in March 2007.

- March 2007

Final interview date: CR1-CR2 Aproved

Passports with visas came by chrono 5 days after interview.

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

Claudia,

Everything is matter the french ''casier judiciaire'' police record...

u should check if his french police record is ok for that u have to go in that site https://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr and order it on line it takes 3 days to get it if its nothing wrote on it, u ok, coz is that document is required to immigration process....

good luck i dont think its wrote on his french police record....but to be sure u need to order it

Good luck

claudia the US embassy requiring the bulletin n3 dont worry if nothing its wrote on it its okay

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

- March 2007

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The rule is what it would be considered in the US - it's the consulate of the US and the law of the US that you are dealing with.

The rule is what it would be considered in the US - it's the consulate of the US and the law of the US that you are dealing with.

her husband is french citizen not USC so he needs the french police record bulletin n3, the same one they asked me and provided.

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

Packet 4

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

- March 2007

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

Filed: Other Timeline

her husband is french citizen not USC so he needs the french police record bulletin n3, the same one they asked me and provided.

Yes you needed a police bulletin for France.

But you are moving to the US.

To further explain what kitkat1 said:

For example - in the UK there are certain crimes which are considered 'spent' after a certain length of time. The crime is 'forgiven' as far as the UK is concerned.

That same crime may not be 'forgiven' under US statutes.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes you needed a police bulletin for France.

But you are moving to the US.

To further explain what kitkat1 said:

For example - in the UK there are certain crimes which are considered 'spent' after a certain length of time. The crime is 'forgiven' as far as the UK is concerned.

That same crime may not be 'forgiven' under US statutes.

thanks rebeccajo - that is, of course, exactly the point I was trying to make!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay first of all was he convicted of anything?

If he was, then it should show up on his police report that you are required to have at the interview. Even if it doesnt, DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING!!!

If you are found out you are guilty of immigration fraud and your visa will be denied. Little or no chance of it ever being approved.

Now secondly, not only are both countries laws taken into account. Yes you can be forgiven of crime overseas but the US still hold it againest you. In your case you have another problem.

Does he have custody of his child via divorce decree and is he planning on bringing that child with him? If so he is going to have to get permission from his ex wife to do that.

Also I strongly recommend you get a lawyer. The US and France are both signatories to the Hague Convention international child protection laws. If he violated any of those laws (which he did if he refused visitation) that could be held againest him.

Get a good immigration lawyer and be honest.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

If it's not on his police report, how is the US gov't going to know?

On one of the forms, you're required to declare if you've been arrested for any crime or offense. In C.'s case, we had to check 'yes' for that, as he had been arrested for a traffic-related offense, even though he had no police record (they just arrested him to get him to pay an outstanding fine.), formal RCMP record or local record or otherwise.

The consular officer chuckled that he had been so honest as to declare it, but we're pretty sure we did the right thing.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.