robertg

K1 221(g)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi list,

My Fiance'e has received the following information from U.S. Embassy, New Delhi, India:

The Consulate General regrets it is unable to issue a visa at this time. Section 221 (g) of the U.S Immigration and Nationality Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with their visa application, or who has otherwise failed to meet the requirements of U.S. law or regulations governing issuance of a visa. The following remarks apply in your case:

A list of all the petitioner's and beneficiary's relatives living in the US and India, with complete contact address information, telephone, and dates of birth (include cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, children, nephews, and nieces, and all in-laws). For those relatives who live in the US but were not born there, describe how they came to the US, when, under what visa type, and the names they used when they immigrated. Please provide FAMILY names.

All ration cards, voter ID cards, and voter lists for the beneficiary and her parents from 1995 to present.

I have the following questions:

1. Is it better to get advice from a attorney at this point?

2. Why do they ask this kind of information?

3. What will hapeen next after submitting the above information?

4. How long will it take to get the visa after submitting the above information?

5. Do they do back ground check on each person (cousing, aunt etc)?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Raj

Hi list,

My Fiance'e has received the following information from U.S. Embassy, New Delhi, India:

The Consulate General regrets it is unable to issue a visa at this time. Section 221 (g) of the U.S Immigration and Nationality Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with their visa application, or who has otherwise failed to meet the requirements of U.S. law or regulations governing issuance of a visa. The following remarks apply in your case:

A list of all the petitioner's and beneficiary's relatives living in the US and India, with complete contact address information, telephone, and dates of birth (include cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, children, nephews, and nieces, and all in-laws). For those relatives who live in the US but were not born there, describe how they came to the US, when, under what visa type, and the names they used when they immigrated. Please provide FAMILY names.

All ration cards, voter ID cards, and voter lists for the beneficiary and her parents from 1995 to present.

I have the following questions:

1. Is it better to get advice from a attorney at this point?

2. Why do they ask this kind of information?

3. What will hapeen next after submitting the above information?

4. How long will it take to get the visa after submitting the above information?

5. Do they do back ground check on each person (cousing, aunt etc)?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Raj

This is quite common so no need to panic. There is also no way of getting around giving this information. You will have to submit everything to their satisfaction before they will continue processing the visa. You might find yourself stuck in AP/AR while they continue doing security checks or even a field investigation. Best thing for you is to post this in the South Asia Forum for allthe people who have been through your consulate will know more specifically how to advise you from this point!

Good luck!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree, don't panic and don't worry about a lawyer.

I had a 221-G with my first fiancee. The official title of it is scary. It is called an "intent to deny". It would more appropriatly called an intent to approve.

What it means usually is that you have passed the interview. Sometimes there is something they want more proof on and that would be listed. Basically when they have that and check it all out you will get your visa. If you failed the interview you would have received a flat out denial.

The bad news is it is probable you will be going into Administrative Review while they check the background on anyone whose name you furnish. That can be a delay of a few weeks or a few months. I have been in A/R at the NVC level now for 9 weeks.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

As all have said do not panic and provide the information that they are requesting. Manuandsam? ID just went thru Mumbai with similiar experince and he now has his visa in hand. My husband endured AP at his consulate too and it is scary when you first hear of this but it is common occurance. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
As all have said do not panic and provide the information that they are requesting. Manuandsam? ID just went thru Mumbai with similiar experince and he now has his visa in hand. My husband endured AP at his consulate too and it is scary when you first hear of this but it is common occurance. Good luck.

Mary

Hi

can any one help me as well i am from pakistan and my fiancee is in US, i was being interview on 26th March in London and they didnt deny me but they gave me the pink slip and theydidnt check any of the required documents except the wrote in hand writing ''additional administrative processing needed'' so plz can any one tell me whats gonna happen.The secrion was i think 221 something i dont remember.

how long its gonna take caz they told me it could take 4-6 weeks........plz reply

shahid

Timeline

Hi

can any one help me as well i am from pakistan and my fiancee is in US, i was being interview on 26th March in London and they didnt deny me but they gave me the pink slip and theydidnt check any of the required documents except the wrote in hand writing ''additional administrative processing needed'' so plz can any one tell me whats gonna happen.The secrion was i think 221 something i dont remember.

how long its gonna take caz they told me it could take 4-6 weeks........plz reply

shahid

Filed: Timeline

shahid ... u might want to post your topic in the ME/NA section. There might be similar experiences in your situation. Hopefully, you will not wait too long.

Hi

shahid

Timeline
shahid ... u might want to post your topic in the ME/NA section. There might be similar experiences in your situation. Hopefully, you will not wait too long.
Hi

shahid

didnt understand what is ME/NA section

Filed: Timeline

GO DOWN TO THE REGIONAL DISCUSSION AND YOU WILL SEE IN A SUBFORUM...MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA SECTION...CLICK IT ON A POST YOUR TOPIC. I HOPE THERE WILL BE MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN GET.

Hi

shahid

didnt understand what is ME/NA section

Hi

shahid

ME/NA forumis not the correct place. Try the South Asia forum.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The 221-G is what I hear the most about it is a blue slip. Pink sounds like they are going to do some adminstrative processing. That may take from 2 weeks to 3 months, maybe more. The record is 8 years.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.