RonisCruz

NOA2 Approved! What are packet 3 and packet 4? Im COMFUSED, what happens after NOA2?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

They told me after NOA2 I will receive an NVC letter with case number, amd with case number I will be able to make an apointment for interview, I been doing a reseach and found out that after NVC approves theres PACKET 3 and PACKET 4...what are this? How much longer after NOA 2 to be able to set an appoinment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

After you have received your NOA2, your packet will be sent to the NVC and assigned a case number. You can call or email the NVC after about 10 days and find out what your case number is. The NVC will then mail your packet to the Consulate for further processing. You can use the NVC website to track the status of your case after you have the number. I think its a little different once it reaches the Consulate's office for each country. You might want to take a look at your county's US Consulate's website and follow further instructions.

Edited by sfcscott

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agreed with Sfcscott.

Check your fiance countries forum for some more specific details to your consulate and what they require/prefer to see; but you can definately begin preparing some of the paperwork on your end to get to your fiance when it comes closer to the interview.

Pay stubs, I-134 document, W2's, 1040's, or co-sponsor paperwork(if using one), letter from employer... Can definately start getting all these in order and ready on your end.

Also hello from the Houston area also!

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Agreed with Sfcscott.

Check your fiance countries forum for some more specific details to your consulate and what they require/prefer to see; but you can definately begin preparing some of the paperwork on your end to get to your fiance when it comes closer to the interview.

Pay stubs, I-134 document, W2's, 1040's, or co-sponsor paperwork(if using one), letter from employer... Can definately start getting all these in order and ready on your end.

Also hello from the Houston area also!

when I get pay I dont get paystubs, will a letter of my employer stating how much I make work?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

when I get pay I dont get paystubs, will a letter of my employer stating how much I make work?

How do you get paid? Like direct deposit? Cause usually still is some form of payroll to show it. My company uses a payroll site that we can access our "paystubs" and W2's from. They aren't the prettiest looking things but it works.

Also yes the letter from employer will help alot. In the letter it should state:

Company name

Your full name

Position

Hourly/salary rate

Full time/part time worker(maybe even specifically how many hours a week)

Permanent/temporary work

Length of time at the job/company

And any other information is good. That's what I had my company put into the letter at least.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.