15 posts in this topic

Hey,

so we got an RFE for all of this info for our cosponsor which is really dragging us behind. However, my husband makes 12,000 a year with his new job and has 13,000 in assets. He also makes 10,000 a year from eBay as he has an online store - this would theoretically push us well over the $21,000 required for AOS... but I just want to know is eBay income sufficient income? Would they accept that as income alongside any regular job (he's going to have to claim it on his taxes this year as this is the first year he's made so much due to loosing his last job). Trying to make an info pass appointment in New York seems almost useless I've been trying daily to no avail yet.

Someone please help so we can push through this RFE as fast as possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is self-employment income and can be used, BUT, he would most likely need to file taxes on it before they would accept it. They will go by line 22, Total Income, of the most recent 1040 for proof of self-employment income. He could try sending proof of the business and income, along with last 12 months of bank statements to show deposits each month, but no guarantee they would accept it.

What does the RFE state they need from your joint sponsor? Maybe if you just respond correctly to the RFE, then you will get approval.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

It is self-employment income and can be used, BUT, he would most likely need to file taxes on it before they would accept it. They will go by line 22, Total Income, of the most recent 1040 for proof of self-employment income. He could try sending proof of the business and income, along with last 12 months of bank statements to show deposits each month, but no guarantee they would accept it.

What does the RFE state they need from your joint sponsor? Maybe if you just respond correctly to the RFE, then you will get approval.

Thank you so much!!

So for the RFE they required the tax returns for my mother in law (which we did send) I guess they lost them, along with proof of assets because she is partially retired. She owns a house which online is avereaged at around $160000-$189000 and she gave us a certified letter to show she does own the house but it has no numerical value on it? How would I prove the worth of the house. Her car is only set to be worth around $6000 so I guess we may as well just use the house. Her earnings were around 22,000 so just under 4,000 short of the income for a 3 person household. I don't know how I'd prove this.

Timeline

Thank you so much!!

So for the RFE they required the tax returns for my mother in law (which we did send) I guess they lost them, along with proof of assets because she is partially retired. She owns a house which online is avereaged at around $160000-$189000 and she gave us a certified letter to show she does own the house but it has no numerical value on it? How would I prove the worth of the house. Her car is only set to be worth around $6000 so I guess we may as well just use the house. Her earnings were around 22,000 so just under 4,000 short of the income for a 3 person household. I don't know how I'd prove this.

Does she have a spouse, another dependent, or there is more than one immigrant? Why does she have a household count of 3?

The instructions tell you what you can use for assets, and what to provide. You would need a professional appraisal to use property, and you cannot use a car if you only own one. >

You may include the net value of your home as an asset. The net value of the home is the appraised value of the home,

minus the sum of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. If you wish to include

the net value of your home, then you must include documentation demonstrating that you own it, a recent appraisal by a

licensed appraiser, and evidence of the amount of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the

home. You may not include the net value of an automobile unless you show that you have more than one automobile, and

at least one automobile is not included as an asset.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Does she have a spouse, another dependent, or there is more than one immigrant? Why does she have a household count of 3?

The instructions tell you what you can use for assets, and what to provide. You would need a professional appraisal to use property, and you cannot use a car if you only own one. >

You may include the net value of your home as an asset. The net value of the home is the appraised value of the home,

minus the sum of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. If you wish to include

the net value of your home, then you must include documentation demonstrating that you own it, a recent appraisal by a

licensed appraiser, and evidence of the amount of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the

home. You may not include the net value of an automobile unless you show that you have more than one automobile, and

at least one automobile is not included as an asset.

Because she is a cosponsor is she not legible for a household of 3 or no? And no spouse nor dependent.... therefore if she is a cosponsor would it just be me she needed to clear the amount for?

Timeline

Because she is a cosponsor is she not legible for a household of 3 or no? And no spouse nor dependent.... therefore if she is a cosponsor would it just be me she needed to clear the amount for?

If no spouse and no other dependents, then she only needs to make enough for a household size of 2, herself and the immigrant.

To explain in further detail :-

In the house lives me(21), my husband(26), my mother in law (55) , and brother in law (23). My husbands income is less due to the fact he took a new post office job meaning he can only work one day a week to start at 13,000 per year. My mother in law cut her hours down so now earns $22,000 a year. My brother in law also earns above 20,000 a year. Therefore everyone is responsible for themselves. I'm not sure how to get a house appraisal or how long that will take. If she only needs to sponsor me then her income alone should be sufficient?

If no spouse and no other dependents, then she only needs to make enough for a household size of 2, herself and the immigrant.

Apologies, I forgot to tag you in the top post.

In the house lives me(21), my husband(26), my mother in law (55) , and brother in law (23). My husbands income is less due to the fact he took a new post office job meaning he can only work one day a week to start at 13,000 per year. My mother in law cut her hours down so now earns $22,000 a year. My brother in law also earns above 20,000 a year. Therefore everyone is responsible for themselves. I'm not sure how to get a house appraisal or how long that will take. If she only needs to sponsor me then her income alone should be sufficient?

Also, in regards to a cosponsor or a household sponsor I was told through rapidvisa that I could use a household sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Does your mother in law claim your brother in law on her taxes? If not, she does exceed the $20,025 line for 2.

A primary house is not often accepted as an asset, but if it were to even be considered it would be on the value of the house minus any mortgages, etc. A licensed real estate agent can give you an appraisal that is acceptable. I'd shy away from this option if possible.

I think you should ignore anything rapid visa is telling you since it seems to be confusing. I hope you didn't pay them any money.

What exactly did you submit the first time - forms, number of dependents, and proof?

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Does your mother in law claim your brother in law on her taxes? If not, she does exceed the $20,025 line for 2.

A primary house is not often accepted as an asset, but if it were to even be considered it would be on the value of the house minus any mortgages, etc. A licensed real estate agent can give you an appraisal that is acceptable. I'd shy away from this option if possible.

I think you should ignore anything rapid visa is telling you since it seems to be confusing. I hope you didn't pay them any money.

What exactly did you submit the first time - forms, number of dependents, and proof?

Hi,

No she doesn't claim him on her taxes - she owns the house fully outright therefore no mortgage or anything which is why I assumed I could use it as an asset however upon realization that I can use her earnings to cover the both of us that should be fine right? I think I initially put a family of 3 instead of 2 as I thought we had to include my husband as he was also technically a sponsor. We paid those robbers for the K1 I would never ever use them again. Thank you for all of your help and advice. In the RFE it stated that we needed all of the supporting documents to her tax returns which I'm assuming is because I stated it was a household of 3 not 2 therefore they wanted to see some form of evidence of who else she is supporting I guess? I'm not sure how to correct all of this as there are NO info pass appointments available ever up here. I've been checking like mad.

Hi,

No she doesn't claim him on her taxes - she owns the house fully outright therefore no mortgage or anything which is why I assumed I could use it as an asset however upon realization that I can use her earnings to cover the both of us that should be fine right? I think I initially put a family of 3 instead of 2 as I thought we had to include my husband as he was also technically a sponsor. We paid those robbers for the K1 I would never ever use them again. Thank you for all of your help and advice. In the RFE it stated that we needed all of the supporting documents to her tax returns which I'm assuming is because I stated it was a household of 3 not 2 therefore they wanted to see some form of evidence of who else she is supporting I guess? I'm not sure how to correct all of this as there are NO info pass appointments available ever up here. I've been checking like mad.

Timeline

Provide a new I-864 from her with the corrections needed to make her household size correct at only 2, herself and the immigrant being sponsored.

A complete copy of the most recent tax return with all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s, or an IRS transcript are always required.

Include the newly updated I-864 and the complete tax return they are asking for, and include a statement that she is correcting her I-864 because she mistakenly counted her household size, and that she has no dependents or spouse.

You mentioned household sponsor, so I need to ask out of confusion, did she fill out her own separate I-864 as the joint sponsor, or an I-864A as a qualifying household member to combine her income with your husband's on his I-864?

Edited by KayDeeCee

Provide a new I-864 from her with the corrections needed to make her household size correct at only 2, herself and the immigrant being sponsored.

A complete copy of the most recent tax return with all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s, or an IRS transcript are always required.

Include the newly updated I-864 and the complete tax return they are asking for, and include a statement that she is correcting her I-864 because she mistakenly counted her household size, and that she has no dependents or spouse.

You mentioned household sponsor, so I need to ask out of confusion, did she fill out her own separate I-864 as the joint sponsor, or an I-864A as a qualifying household member to combine her income with your husband's on his I-864?

Hi,

Thank you so much - she filled out her own aos for me desperate from my husbands as a cosponsor. I just must've mistaken one of the questions and put 3 instead of 2 because I assumed it meant I had to include my husband. Idk. Ok I shall order new tax forms and resubmit this. Should I take it to a infopass appointment or just send the new thing off? Thank you!!!!

Timeline

You mail it back to the address on the RFE. Send it back with the original RFE letter, but make a copy of it to keep for your own records.

You mail it back to the address on the RFE. Send it back with the original RFE letter, but make a copy of it to keep for your own records.

Ok thank you so much. You're a lifesaver!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.