amyandmario

"Case Number Not Ready to Schedule"- Problems registering with US Visa Service Website

3 posts in this topic

Hi VJ,

I'm filiing for CR-1, DCF in Lima, Peru. We have our interview on October 25. Part of preparation for the interview is "registering" at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-PE/iv

When I try to do so, I receive an error saying the "Case Number is Not Ready to Schedule" with this message below:

The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html.

If you have received an appointment letter from the NVC or an instruction letter from the Consular Section directing you to this website to schedule an appointment, please make sure to correctly enter your IV case number.

If you continue to receive this message, please send an email to the CSRA support asa_contactus+pe+ivcasenumber+en@visaops.net with the following information:

I emailed CSRA (email above) and they told me to email LimaIV@state.gov directly, which I did, and to which they responded that I needed to contact CSRA directly... grr. They are dragging me in circles. Has anyone else had this problem? What can we do? I have checked our status online at CEAC and it says our case IS ready for appointment. Seems like it's just a blip in the system? What happens if we just don't register??

Thank you much, sorry for the long post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are also doing a CR-1, DCF in Lima, Peru. We had the same issue you are having. We emailed CSRA but have not yet gotten a response. I think worst case scenario is you will have to pick your passport up in Callao rather than DHL sending it to you direct. Hope this helps.

We have our interview this week and I was hoping you could help me with a question we had. We have all of the required information for the interview, but my question is do you need to scan and email all of said info to NVC as well as taking it to the interview? Or do you just need to take it to the interview with you?

Hi MAC,

We ended up being able to register with DHL after sending the ais website an email to their website tech support. They replied relatively quickly that they would need a copy of the invitation letter so that they could "unblock" our case number in the system. Once that was done, I was able to register without a problem.

Re: all of the supporting documents they ask of you - you only need to bring it with you to the interview. No need to scan & send anywhere. Our interview was yesterday and we were approved! The whole process was done in under 2 hours and without any hitches. Good luck with yours!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.