Jump to content

ROC Pending and New Marriage

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello friends :

I have a question :

I moved to USA on marriage and get divorce :

After divorce I applied for ROC and case is in pending :

My question is : If I get married again then what happen with my current case ?

They will dismiss current ROC case and ask new marriage evidence or they will continue and ask me new marriage evidence ?

Will they ask me to submit new case again for GC ?

what happen in this situation ?????

please answer me

THX in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They will not dismiss your current case, you still have to finalize ROC based on your first marriage. You may need to notify USCIS of the divorce, if they ask for an RFE or call your for an interview.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok : but what happen if my current case deny for any reason ?

In this situation , I need to apply again with new case or just inform USCIS that I got married and here is my marriage certificate ?

** If yes then what type of evidence they can ask ??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not initially, no. You applied with your first marriage. If you get denied, and it's because they don't believe it was a bonafide relationship, they can accuse you of fraud and misrepresentation and deport you with a ban. You'd have to fight that in immigration court, or leave. Then maybe you could apply for a CR1 and a waiver based on your new marriage. A lot of possibilities there, but I would focus on not getting denied first and foremost.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok " yes my case is strong : my divorced finalized based on insupportable or cruelty from her side and she was on fault :

I just wanted to know if get married again then there should be some possibilities if case deny :

Well should I need to inform USCIS about my new marriage before decision of current case ??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.