ceeeceekins

affidavit of support questions: part time professional/full time student

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My fiancé and I are currently waiting to get an interview for our visa and I am in the process of trying to get all the documents to gather to send to him, however, I am having issues with my affidavit of support. I have 3 years of steady income-same employer that meets the financial requirement and I have the necessary employment letter, tax documents and tax transcripts. I currently live with my family and I am working part time while doing an accelerated program full time. My last paystub from my previous job was in the middle of September. With Ghana embassy I'm hoping to get an interview by December or January, but I was wondering should I only let my fiancé just take the income from January-September to the interview or should I do the whole co-sponsor route? I was also unsure of what the co-sponsor required documents would entail. Is it just the affidavit, tax transcripts, tax documents and employment letter just like myself? I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance!

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you meet the income requirement and have had steady income for the past 3 yrs which all meet the income requirement then you dont need a co-sponsor.

However, if you have a co-sponsor available, I would suggest filing that out and let your fiance take to the embassy as a back up. If they don't ask for co-sponsor then there's nothing to lose. But if they ask and he doesn't have it, that will add another 30 days for another interview to submit.

Good luck to you!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It sounds like your current and ongoing income is below the poverty line? If so, you need a co-sponsor. it is current income that counts the most, not past salary.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.