21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My CR1 was reaffirmed and on it way to Ghana for second interview. I have been reading on visa journey so much and I have not come across anyone whose case was reaffirmed and he was given visa on the second interview, all I read is most or almost all the cases that are reaffirmed are still put on AP after second interview. Pls I want to know if there is anyone here or anyone who knows people who have been given visa after their case was reaffirmed in Ghana. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

My CR1 was reaffirmed and on it way to Ghana for second interview. I have been reading on visa journey so much and I have not come across anyone whose case was reaffirmed and he was given visa on the second interview, all I read is most or almost all the cases that are reaffirmed are still put on AP after second interview. Pls I want to know if there is anyone here or anyone who knows people who have been given visa after their case was reaffirmed in Ghana. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks to all.

Congratulations on being reaffirmed. My husband and I are also waiting for word from USCIS after his first interview, the visa was denied and sent back to USCIS.

It's been over a year now since his denial, and still I've heard nothing from USCIS about an NOIR or anything. I've filed the case with the USCIS ombudsman, but still now word.

How long did you have to wait from denial at the Ghana embassy to now, when you've gotten your reaffirmation?

any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Timeline

I was denied on 28th July 2015 and nvc received the case back in around mid January this year and forwarded it to USCIS on February. On 1st march USCIS sent us notice that they have our case back and they are reviewing it. On August 11th they sent us NOIR and we responded 30th August and they received it 31st August. On 7th September they reaffirmed the case and sent it ro nvc on the 23 September. Hope this can give you an insight to how long you will wait.that means from denial to reaffirmation is 15 months for our case

Timeline

The petitioner birth certificate will be with them because is part of the documents n needed by USCIS wen the petitioner is filling. But you can keep a copy of it. What is necessary are documents to proof your relationship

bravagreen, may i know the reason for denial if you dont mind? And also wow, 15 months of waiting from denial to reaffirmed. I am also waiting from USCIS for NOIR/NOID hoping our case will be affirmed too.

Timeline

Can anyone here tell me if I will need the petitioner birth certificate as one of the document for my interview, which is coming off next month

If you are not an American by birth then your birth certificate is not needed. Just a copy of the naturalization certificate or anything that you used to prove your US status.

By the way, start your own post next time. Hijacking someone's post with yours is not helpful and not nice.

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 1/6/2017 at 3:57 PM, bravagreen said:

Yes I know of one, but he was put on administrative processing for 6 months after his second interview and he was finally called and issued visa.

bravagreen, what type of visa was it?....Is the new 6 month AP applies to those of us who have been in AP for 13 months before getting reaffirmed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.