Callmeluna

Can I continue to process the fiance visa in Abu Dhabi embassy on a UAE visit visa?

7 posts in this topic

I get laid off from work due to redundancy on 19 Sep 2016 and did not consider taking the new job offer received from a different company as it would oblige me to serve a 2-year contract. My fiancé visa status was received by Abu Dhabi embassy on 15 September 2016 and i was under the impression that it would be completed 1-2 months. Then I came to know that Abu Dhabi embassy is very slow in processing the visas and would take several months. I can only extend my UAE residence visa till 19 November and I don't think it would be completed by then as till now I haven't heard from AUH US embassy.

Do you think it's okay to continue processing the Fiancé visa in UAE me being on a visit visa in case it takes beyond 19 nov?

Or shall I continue it in Philippines or yet find a job and just pay the penalties in case I wouldn't be able to serve the full term of the contract

Please help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

:time: at what stage of the K1 are you? No, you would not be able to attend your interview under a tourist visa, only as a resident of the country.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. visa status says ready last update dated 15 September 2016 yet till now we havent heard anything from US Embassy in Abu Dhabi ?

What do you suggest I'll do

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already, contact the interviewing embassy/consulate for more information.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I get laid off from work due to redundancy on 19 Sep 2016 and did not consider taking the new job offer received from a different company as it would oblige me to serve a 2-year contract. My fiancé visa status was received by Abu Dhabi embassy on 15 September 2016 and i was under the impression that it would be completed 1-2 months. Then I came to know that Abu Dhabi embassy is very slow in processing the visas and would take several months. I can only extend my UAE residence visa till 19 November and I don't think it would be completed by then as till now I haven't heard from AUH US embassy.

Do you think it's okay to continue processing the Fiancé visa in UAE me being on a visit visa in case it takes beyond 19 nov?

Or shall I continue it in Philippines or yet find a job and just pay the penalties in case I wouldn't be able to serve the full term of the contract

Please help

Hi, i think you can continue here since the embassy you have stated in your 129F petition is Abu Dhabi. If you want it to be transfered to Philippines i think thats another process for transfer. Pls email Abu dhaby embassy before scheduling your interview so they can advise you. Goodluck

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.