Htp

current immigrant interview at US embassy in Djibouti

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Ruby12345, how long ago did you send in your AOS packet? It takes about 6-8 weeks for them to review before you can get an interview. I doubt it has anything to do with being of Yemeni origin. Just procedure.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Keep calling NVC. Call first thing in the morning when they open, 7:00 am EST. That's the best time to get through the lines. It could be something with the paperwork. It shouldn't have taken this long. It took them about 6 weeks to review our AOS packet and my husband received an interview right after.

Timeline

I waited about a week after it was completed and received an email with the interview date letter and instructions packet. The interview was in Djibouti.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

know the flight patterns to Djibouti or Egypt?

According to the Flight Aware site, there are scheduled flights from four countries into Djibouti's Ambouli airport (JIB): Qatar, Emirates, Ethiopia and Kenya.

Timeline

@ruby

I'm confused aswell because I've been hearing they aren't letting any more Yemeni ppl into Djibouti. Wish there were more ppl here that just got scheduled into Djibouti to give us more info so we can see if this is true or not.

And are you sure your sisters case is completed? It's looking like 6 weeks is the timeframe from sending the packets to officially getting a case complete.

Timeline

Considering Tink88's husband got an interview a week after case complete the only logical explanation why your sister hasn't received an interview is because Djibouti may really have stopped scheduling interviews for Yemenis. Have you tried asking NVC if this is the case?

Edited by H93

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
20 minutes ago, MAA77 said:

Tink88, How long the time between the package completed and the interview date? Also, was your husband able to go to Djibouti without the interview letter?

Thank you  

Hi MAA77, It was about a week after package completed at NVC before receiving an interview date in Djibouti for 2 months later. My husband had his interview letter with him when he entered Djibouti. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.