Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Do I need I-765?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India

My case:

Already working in USA with H1B Visa, expires in Sept 2017

Wife is a US Citizen and is now starting to petition for my GC.

Do we need to apply Form 765 also along with all the other forms or is there no need for that and I automatically get work authorization when I get temporary Green Card?

Sorry, I am such a noob in this process, and lot of threads are confusing me, so I wanted to ask a question just very specific to my case.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to WorkST-based AOS Forum~

~Adjusting from work visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Greencard (when you get it) includes work authorization. You can apply for the temporary work permission (the I-765) if you want to quit your job before you get your GC. Otherwise you will still be bound by the rules of the H1B until you get the GC and won't be able to get another job somewhere else. You could just apply for the I-765 (it's free) just in case something happens, but if you love your job and are sure you will until the time you get your GC, there is no need for the I-765.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...