Jacque67

NKorea suspected of new nuclear test after "earthquake" detected

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

large earthquake has been detected in North Korea amid reports that the countrys regime had been planning a nuclear bomb test.

The US Geological Survey said on Friday that it had recorded a 5.3 seismic event near a nuclear test site.

The USGS called the event an explosion.

The news sparked immediate concern in the region with South Korea announcing it would hold a National Security Council an emergency meeting.

The South Korean prime minister will preside over the meeting.

Japans top government spokesman said there was a high possibility that North Korea had conducted a nuclear test.

(The Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/09/north-korea-nuclear-test-earthquake

large earthquake has been detected in North Korea amid reports that the countrys regime had been planning a nuclear bomb test.

The US Geological Survey said on Friday that it had recorded a 5.3 seismic event near a nuclear test site.

The USGS called the event an explosion.

The news sparked immediate concern in the region with South Korea announcing it would hold a National Security Council an emergency meeting.

The South Korean prime minister will preside over the meeting.

Japans top government spokesman said there was a high possibility that North Korea had conducted a nuclear test.

(The Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/09/north-korea-nuclear-test-earthquake

Computing response

Trump =false

Hillary=false

Muslim=false

Black=false

Goto=null

((Blankscreen))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

One thing I will never understand is how the North Koreans put up with the made up "God like" status of the ruling Kim family. I realize that most of them are burdened with the day-to-day troubles of simply surviving, but there seems to be cracks forming particularly since KJU took over, however he and the elite will do everything they can to keep their power. I read the DailyNK often and find the mafia actions of the leadership and security forces amazing. Here is a recent article showing that the people there are starting to assert a little more, but most likely it will also be snuffed out.

Frequent property searches conducted by law enforcement agents in North Korea are increasingly being challenged by residents demanding warrants, suggesting a growing awareness of individual rights. South Korean TV shows and radio broadcasts reaching the North are believed to contributing to a greater understanding of constitutional rights during forced searches.

More people are listening to broadcasts from the South, so theres been a stronger movement towards asserting individual rights, a source from South Pyongan Province told Daily NK in a telephone conversation. Until recently, most people generally complied with property searches undertaken for surveillance purposes, but we are starting to hear that some residents are boldly asking for search warrants.

In a recent example in Pyongsong, Ministry of Peoples Security [MPS] agents searched the house of a successful wholesaler but failed to discover any smuggled goods. This prompted the vendor to lash out at the officer in charge, arguing that searching a house without a warrant is against the law and a violation of rights. Rumors of the incident are said to have spread throughout the entire neighborhood, said the source.

http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?num=14072&cataId=nk01500

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

One thing I will never understand is how the North Koreans put up with the made up "God like" status of the ruling Kim family. I realize that most of them are burdened with the day-to-day troubles of simply surviving, but there seems to be cracks forming particularly since KJU took over, however he and the elite will do everything they can to keep their power. I read the DailyNK often and find the mafia actions of the leadership and security forces amazing. Here is a recent article showing that the people there are starting to assert a little more, but most likely it will also be snuffed out.

Frequent property searches conducted by law enforcement agents in North Korea are increasingly being challenged by residents demanding warrants, suggesting a growing awareness of individual rights. South Korean TV shows and radio broadcasts reaching the North are believed to contributing to a greater understanding of constitutional rights during forced searches.

More people are listening to broadcasts from the South, so theres been a stronger movement towards asserting individual rights, a source from South Pyongan Province told Daily NK in a telephone conversation. Until recently, most people generally complied with property searches undertaken for surveillance purposes, but we are starting to hear that some residents are boldly asking for search warrants.

In a recent example in Pyongsong, Ministry of Peoples Security [MPS] agents searched the house of a successful wholesaler but failed to discover any smuggled goods. This prompted the vendor to lash out at the officer in charge, arguing that searching a house without a warrant is against the law and a violation of rights. Rumors of the incident are said to have spread throughout the entire neighborhood, said the source.

http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?num=14072&cataId=nk01500

Because this is what happens when you surrender all your freedoom to the state and it's leaders. It could happen anywhere

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

North Korea conducted its fifth and biggest nuclear test on Friday and said it had mastered the ability to mount a warhead on a ballistic missile, ratcheting up a threat that its rivals and the United Nations have been powerless to contain.

The blast, on the 68th anniversary of North Korea's founding, was more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, according to some estimates, and drew condemnation from the United States as well as China, Pyongyang's main ally.

Under 32-year-old dictator Kim Jong Un, North Korea has accelerated the development of its nuclear and missile programs despite U.N. sanctions that were tightened in March and have further isolated the impoverished country.

South Korean President Park Geun-hye, in Laos after a summit of Asian leaders, said Kim was showing "maniacal recklessness" in completely ignoring the world's call to abandon his pursuit of nuclear weapons.

U.S. President Barack Obama, aboard Air Force One on his way home from Laos, said the test would be met with "serious consequences" and held talks with Park and with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, the White House said.

(Reuters)

Options:

1) We attack North Korea?

Result: We are already fighting in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, and a few others. First thing fat boy would do if he finds out is launch everything hes got at South Korea and maybe Japan and anyone else he can hit possibly killing thousands of people. He might even try to set off a nuke or two. The North has unfortunately the forth largest army in the world so it will not be a cake walk. Thus that regen will be unstabilized just like the middle east. China and Russia will be watching and waiting for their opportune time to make their move for their gain who ha
ve got the second and third most powerful military in the world that we are already at odds with for various reasons.

2) Wait until the UN decides to attack North Korea?

Result: See option #1

3) Covert mission or shoot a few of missiles to take out fat boy?

Result: If we miss fat boy somehow see option #1 and we do not know what the other commanders and generals will do, will they lay down their arms or carry on the fight.

4) More sanction and world pressure on Fat Boy to stop?

Result: Hasn't done much yet and all the time fat boy is getting more weapons of mass destruction.

5) He is assassinated by his own people and the military takes over and makes peace with the world.

Result: Not likely but the best case scenario for us and the world at the moment.

No easy solution to this problem, Maybe a meteorite will take him out!

Our Timeline AOS Timeline

10/24/13 - Met online 04/30/16 - Sent AOS Forms I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325a, G-1145 with check

01/16/14 - Fell in love online 05/07/16 - Received text & email with case#

05/03/14 - Met for first time - He went to England 05/09/16 - Check cashed for $1,070.00

08/07/14 - She came to USA 1st time 05/13/16 - Received NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

12/28/14 - She came to USA 2nd time 06/03/16 - Biometrics Appointment

02/10/15 - Officially engaged at the Grand Canyon 08/01/16 - Email & Text saying I-131 & I-765 Approved

04/27/15 - She came to USA 3rd time 08/06/16 - Received letters of approval for I-131 & !765

07/14/15 - She came to USA 4th time 08/12/16 - Received Combo card in US mail!

10/14/16 - Received RFE for proof of marriage

K1 VISA Timeline 10/15/16 - Sent in RFE paperwork

09/23/15 - Sent info to Rapid Visa 10/19/16 - Received text - AOS APPROVED!!!!

10/13/15 - Conformation from USCIS - NOA1 10/22/16 - Received hard copy of I-485 approval

11/06/15 - I-129F Approved! via USCIS Website! 10/22/16 - Received text - Your 2 year Greed card has mailed

11/13/15 - Received hard copy in mail - NOA2 10/25/16 - Received Green Card in the mail! - Yahoooo!

11/23/15 - Received by NVC (called on 24th)

11/24/15 - Called NVC and got LND#

11/30/15 - Case status at NVC: READY!

01/12/16 - Medical completed!

01/23/16 - Packet 4 received

01/27/16 - Interview - APPROVED!

02/05/16 - Visa In Hand

02/11/16 - POE - Ohio

04/02/16 - Wedding - Yahooo!

Timeline

Options:

1) We attack North Korea?

Result: We are already fighting in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, and a few others. First thing fat boy would do if he finds out is launch everything hes got at South Korea and maybe Japan and anyone else he can hit possibly killing thousands of people. He might even try to set off a nuke or two. The North has unfortunately the forth largest army in the world so it will not be a cake walk. Thus that regen will be unstabilized just like the middle east. China and Russia will be watching and waiting for their opportune time to make their move for their gain who have got the second and third most powerful military in the world that we are already at odds with for various reasons.

2) Wait until the UN decides to attack North Korea?

Result: See option #1

3) Covert mission or shoot a few of missiles to take out fat boy?

Result: If we miss fat boy somehow see option #1 and we do not know what the other commanders and generals will do, will they lay down their arms or carry on the fight.

4) More sanction and world pressure on Fat Boy to stop?

Result: Hasn't done much yet and all the time fat boy is getting more weapons of mass destruction.

5) He is assassinated by his own people and the military takes over and makes peace with the world.

Result: Not likely but the best case scenario for us and the world at the moment.

No easy solution to this problem, Maybe a meteorite will take him out!

If Trump gets elected I am sure he has some plan to resolve this problem quickly. Oh I forgot, he already said that we should let Japan get nukes so that they can defend themselves. If not that I am sure he will make some great deal to take care of the problem.

Timeline

If Trump gets elected I am sure he has some plan to resolve this problem quickly. Oh I forgot, he already said that we should let Japan get nukes so that they can defend themselves. If not that I am sure he will make some great deal to take care of the problem.

Wow, in triplicate. Must not like Trump.

As to NK, sanctions will take a real commitment from China before they will work. As to the other options, the real problem here is you have a highly developed country (SK) that I don't think really wants to get into a shooting war considering the lack of space on the peninsula. In my opinion they really need to keep rotting the regime from the inside through radio and digital media. There seems to be some effect, but much like the Soviet Bloc it will take time. I was able to visit the DMZ a few years ago and have made several trips to the ROK. It is a beautiful country and it would be nice one day to visit a reunified Korea. We shall see.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Timeline

As to NK, sanctions will take a real commitment from China before they will work. As to the other options, the real problem here is you have a highly developed country (SK) that I don't think really wants to get into a shooting war considering the lack of space on the peninsula. In my opinion they really need to keep rotting the regime from the inside through radio and digital media. There seems to be some effect, but much like the Soviet Bloc it will take time. I was able to visit the DMZ a few years ago and have made several trips to the ROK. It is a beautiful country and it would be nice one day to visit a reunified Korea. We shall see.

Sorry about the triplicate post. My trackball is acting up. :oops: I've ordered a new one and am waiting for it to arrive by mail from China.

If Trump gets elected they will stop all that saber rattling .

I fondly remember the Iranian hostages being released about the time Reagan was sworn in after all the pandering and pussyfooting around by Carter

Timeline

I fondly remember the Iranian hostages being released about the time Reagan was sworn in after all the pandering and pussyfooting around by Carter

Unfortunately I think you might be wrong here. The NK thing has been going on for a long time with several presidents trying many different things and mostly failing. I don't think KJU really cares who gets elected here.

Timeline

Wow! And I thought that the hostages were released because of the Algiers Accord that was signed on January 19, 1981 and was negotiated by Carter's Secretary of State, Warren Christopher.

Wow! And I thought that the hostages were released because of the Algiers Accord that was signed on January 19, 1981 and was negotiated by Carter's Secretary of State, Warren Christopher.

Well you have been wrong along time