TrustingGod

Interviewed a week ago

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

So my wife and I attended my AOS interview on august 25th 2016 and to me I think the interview went well except that my wife didn't have the long copy of her birth certificate. So after we present evidences of our marriage, the IO said the Interview was over and she would review the documents and mail us if she needed more evidence but she stressed on the fact that my work needs to get the long copy of the birth certificate. The IO didnt give us a precise Instruction on how to submit the certificate. Well we immediately file for the certificate when we got as my wife was born in connecticut and we live in Georgia. I finally got the certificate today. Do I wait for the letter in the mail or should I got the Atlanta field office where we were interview and hand deliver it to the IO?

Edited by TrustingGod

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If the long form BC was indeed a requirement, IO would have told you to bring it. It looks like it's not. If you don't hear anything in another week, I would make an infopass appointment and take the BC to the field office. Or you can just wait and see if a RFE is mailed to you.

You might also just get a notification that your case is approved without having to submit the BC. So while trust in God is not a bad thing, I have little faith in USCIS so follow up.

Good luck.

You should go to the field office and hand deliver the long form BC to the Officer. You said the IO stressed the fact that she needed the birth certificate specifically, and suggested once she reviews everything more closely she might need more things too. The long form BC is a requirement, since the IO said and since it says so in the instructions.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.