Emily & Joy

I-765 approved, EAD still have not received..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So, we ended up having 2 RFE's for our I-485 app (due to me not reading instructions carefully). After I sent the evidence for the second RFE, our I-765 app was approved within 11 days of them receiving it on June 28, 2016. We got the NOA approval for I-765 which states that the I-766 will be sent under separate cover, etc. We still haven't received the actual EAD which I believe is what we would need for him to be able to get a license/ID??? He can work now, but we really need him to be able to drive.... I called USCIS on 8/31 and put in a service request since it's been more than 60 days since the approval. They say we should be getting something in the mail about the request within 15-30 days. Is anyone else experiencing this much of a delay/issue with receiving the I-766? Everyone else I know seems to get their document within 10 business days of the approval. Could this be a bad sign? :/ :(

It sounds like it is lost or was returned as undeliverable.

Did you get the card production email?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

need help on this

i did sent my packages for i-765 and i485, on 8/1/16, they received 8/8/16 i did get my bio-metrics on 8/30/16, my case was updated on my i-485 request of evidence and i765 was updated on 9/7/16 but didn't said what was the update, when i can get my my employment authorization card

Timeline

It sounds like it is lost or was returned as undeliverable.

Did you get the card production email?

Nope, I haven't gotten anything besides the I-797 NOA for my I-765.

Timeline

need help on this

i did sent my packages for i-765 and i485, on 8/1/16, they received 8/8/16 i did get my bio-metrics on 8/30/16, my case was updated on my i-485 request of evidence and i765 was updated on 9/7/16 but didn't said what was the update, when i can get my my employment authorization card

You sent your package only one month and one week ago. It usually takes around 90 days to receive the employment authorization approval. You'll receive your approval notice in the mail. So probably around the end of October

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I am in kind of same situation and can totally relate to you Emily. I applied for standalone H4- EAD and i got approval on 25th July. Today its been 50 days that i have not received my plastic card. Till now i have Called 3 times to USCIS and on my first call they asked me to wait for 30 days, then on second call they asked me to wait for more 30 days but i called today to raise a service request as the USCIS site says that after 30 days you can raise a SR, but guess what after waiting for soooo long today they told me that i can not even raise a SR on approved case. The representative on call was so rude that you cannot even ask a next question. She said just wait. I had to turn down 3 job offers because of delay. I do have an offer letter from one organisation but having no clarity that till when to expect the card it just a worst situation i can be in. USCIS website do not have clear information. in service center whenever you call they have new person with different information. https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/my-form-i-765-was-approved-but-i-have-not-received-my-ead-can-i-get-temporary-evidence-of-employment-authorization , the information on link says different details and then it will again direct you to other page where it leaves you on a limbo again. I don not know how this entire system is working. What could be a possible reason that card is not mailed after approval. I have taken an INFOPASS appointment on 16 September. hope to have some information and concrete answer from them. Otherwise i have to reach out to talk to local congressman for help. Hope to have issue resolved soon. Best of luck to you too!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.