Jen and Mikey

Removing Conditions taking forever

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I submitted my forms back in October 2015 and haven't heard a peep since my biometrics appt.

When looking at their "processing times" they're still working on August 2015. I've seen a few from Sept/Oct complete, but because my date is coming up quickly, I'm getting nervous.

What happens if Oct 14 comes and goes and my extension letter expires? I do plan on calling them, but they are closed right now.... I'm just beginning to freak out a little bit

Is it automatically extended? And trying to find anything on this is ridiculous.... every time I put expiring temp green card or something regarding 1751 it never shows what I need...... just how to renew an expiring green card.

Any words of encouraging advice is welcome at this point.

Thanks in advance.

If your case is still pending on October 14, your conditional status will be automatically extended. To get proof of the extension, you can schedule an Infopass appointment and go to the local USCIS office to get a temporary I-551 stamp on your passport.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I submitted my forms back in October 2015 and haven't heard a peep since my biometrics appt.

When looking at their "processing times" they're still working on August 2015. I've seen a few from Sept/Oct complete, but because my date is coming up quickly, I'm getting nervous.

What happens if Oct 14 comes and goes and my extension letter expires? I do plan on calling them, but they are closed right now.... I'm just beginning to freak out a little bit

Is it automatically extended? And trying to find anything on this is ridiculous.... every time I put expiring temp green card or something regarding 1751 it never shows what I need...... just how to renew an expiring green card.

Any words of encouraging advice is welcome at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Yep it can take some time. It took use 279 days, look at our timeline.. Welcome to the party.... You are almost there, hang tough.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

"Forever" is a relative term in I-751 process. We all know the processing time inconsistency between the service centers. RFEs complicated things more, interviews even further. I think the most extreme wait I've ever seen is 5 years. We all think uncompleted timelines are mostly due to VJers forgetting updating their cases but some of those pending cases are real. Someone from Nov 2014 just posted approval notice few days ago. That's almost 2 years wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are thinking about filing for citizenship, you can go ahead and do that when it's time (looks like you are eligible to file soon). It apparently forces them to adjucate the I-751. Unfortunately, you lose the ROC fees if they go ahead with citizenship but that's the way it goes...

If you are thinking about filing for citizenship, you can go ahead and do that when it's time (looks like you are eligible to file soon). It apparently forces them to adjucate the I-751. Unfortunately, you lose the ROC fees if they go ahead with citizenship but that's the way it goes...

+1 to this file for citizenship. It will force them to look at your case. Im in the same boat myself and I filed a week before you. I am now getting everything i need for the N400 ready

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2015-10-08

NOA Date : 2015-10-10

Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.