AshMarty

Form I-134 – Affidavit of Support

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Everyone says to start gathering information for Form I-134, the earlier the better. I have started the process but unsure of what proof I need to have with the form itself. I have my tax return from the previous year, my paystubs are easy to obtain, a letter from my employer stating I am a full permanent position with my income reported, I also own a house (what do I need for this), I have a life insurance policy through my employer (I think) and also what do I need for Bank account (statements?). Is this all necessary or can you provide a couple of these pieces of information? Thanks in Advance

It would be great to have all this done by the time my fiance visits next month so he can just take the information back with him rather than me having to mail it for his interview :)

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sending my fiance with tax transcripts for the last 3 years, a letter from my employer, 6 months of pay stubs, the form completed of course with my signature. A new letter of intent dated closer to the interview. I'm going to put it in the mail soon. I just finished getting it all together. It's super easy to get tax transcripts online on the IRS website;

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

But we are interviewing at the London consulate so may be different for you check with the consulate's website he is going to interview with.

I'm also sending him a super cute Halloween card lol. :shocked:

H & J (L)

12/03/2014 -met online

05/30/2016 -first met in person

07/29/2016 -second visit-proposal

08/12/2016 -filed K1 visa petition

08/15/2016 -delivery confirmation from USPS

08/17/2016 -NOA1 received electronically text/email

08/22/2016 -NOA1 received hard copy

09/22/2016 -NOA2 received electronically text/email

09/26/2016 -NOA2 received hard copy

10/11/2016 -NVC received

10/12/2016 -date case #, IIN, and BIN assigned

10/14/2016 -NVC left

10/21/2016 -Consulate received

10/26/2016 -Received packet 3

Love-My-Brit-Logo-Transparent1.png

Z5Zgm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your income meets the requirement, no need to list assets. You can leave that whole section blank. Just provide complete copy of your most recent tax return(or IRS transcript) and proof of current income(letter from employer and/or most recent pay stubs)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.