BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

On 07/02/2017 at 2:44 PM, agesq said:

Finalllyyyy approved 2/6/17 with PD of 8/5/16. Was on the phone with my wife just around midnight last night and heard her begin to scream. I thought there was a spider in her room (she hates those). "Check the App, we're approved!". Interestingly enough I checked the app at around 6pm eastern time thinking any approval wouldn't come in for the rest of the day. Didn't think I would find it at midnight.  Looks like they approved a good amount of apps yesterday. I continue to keep my fingers crossed for all going through this journey 

Good luck ....on your way :jest:

Breaking Free.png

Edited by Patient

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

I have some news that might help some of you. There has been a debate going about whether or not a spouse can visit the US on a B1/B2 tourist Visa. Many people said that if you apply for a tourist Visa while your I-130 is being processed, they'll deny the tourist Visa.

Well that is not true. I was in the same boat as all of you. I figured we'd pay the fee to apply for the B1/B2, set up the interview, and worst case scenario they'd say no. 

I sent my husband to Sydney and he brought a ton of papers to prove that he would be returning to Australia at the end of his stay in the US (that's what approval is based on). This included an employment letter, return flight ticket, etc. He said they didn't even LOOK at the paperwork. It took about 15 minutes. They said "So you're planning on returning to Australia?" When he said "yes", they approved him. He can now return to the US for I believe it's 6 months. His Visa will arrive within 10 days and he will be home in 2-3 weeks! Of course this is Australia, and every embassy is different. But I thought I would throw this out there to everyone else in the same situation. Maybe it'll help someone.

Thank you for this! My husband is in Australia and was turned down coming to the states. But we didn't go this route!!!

this is the best news I have heard in months!

It is a little depressing seeing the approval estimate on the timeline shift slowly further and further into the future. Every week it says there is just one more week of waiting, then adds another week. At least from what I have seen, the estimates are very accurate. I think I would be more disappointed if the date from the timeline-estimated approval had already passed and I were still having to wait. 

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

On 06/02/2017 at 2:20 PM, cordoba2015 said:

At this point, I would be overjoyed to have our visa by August.

You really do not mean that ,,,,,,,, we all know you do not.

Or are you the Mr Chilled of the August filers? In which case this should be your opening verse: 

GREEN DAY LYRICS

"Waiting"
I've been waiting a long time
For this moment to come
I'm destined
For anything...at all
Downtown lights will be shining
On me like a new diamond
Ring out under the midnight hour
No one can touch me now
And I can't turn my back
It's too late ready or not at all

Just now, Patient said:

You really do not mean that ,,,,,,,, we all know you do not.

Or are you the Mr Chilled of the August filers? In which case this should be your opening verse: 

GREEN DAY LYRICS

"Waiting"
I've been waiting a long time
For this moment to come
I'm destined
For anything...at all
Downtown lights will be shining
On me like a new diamond
Ring out under the midnight hour
No one can touch me now
And I can't turn my back
It's too late ready or not at all

Haha actually a big fan of Green Day's music. I say August because looking at other timelines and comparing the length of time it takes from petition approval to interview date, along with how USCIS seems to be slowing down more each day, our interviews will probably be in August. Sad as that seems...

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

NVC

Consulate

USA

Lifting Conditions

2 minutes ago, cordoba2015 said:

Haha actually a big fan of Green Day's music. I say August because looking at other timelines and comparing the length of time it takes from petition approval to interview date, along with how USCIS seems to be slowing down more each day, our interviews will probably be in August. Sad as that seems...

Do not go blowing your new title "Mr Chilled" king of August filers .... otherwise i will need to get you a new song verse ...LOL

I have started sending chocolates to my local Embassy, coded message so when I arrive they will "rush me through." I am making sure there are no white powdered truffles in the mix :-)

Edited by Patient

I went to the embassy last month just to imagine the day the visa comes through. Havent thought about the chocolates idea though, will have to try that!

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

NVC

Consulate

USA

Lifting Conditions

23 minutes ago, susanm26 said:

Thank you for this! My husband is in Australia and was turned down coming to the states. But we didn't go this route!!!

this is the best news I have heard in months!

Oh good! I'm glad this may help you! Of course this is a case by case basis, and I'm really not sure how it all works so obviously I can't guarantee anything. After doing some research, I finally told my husband about it. I honestly expected them not to approve him for that so I didn't get my hopes up. But he came to the interview armed with seriously substantial evidence that he was returning (about 7 forms), so I figured it would be unreasonable for them to turn him down.

Back in August, we were returning from a family visit to Australia when they turned him away at the airline check in at the Sydney Airport. I had to get back to the US so I got on the plane without him. We had NO idea he was going to be gone for over six months now. It's been really difficult so I decided to try any option I could at this point. Good luck, I wish you the best. If you decide to do this, please let me know how it goes. He can schedule an interview very quickly after you submit the forms.

3 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

I went to the embassy last month just to imagine the day the visa comes through. Havent thought about the chocolates idea though, will have to try that!

Chocolates for Belgium and Switzerland :-) 

Argentina .... beef cattle to the front door ....no, not good, might be more trouble with security than you want.

Possible other choices could be Dulce de leche or some good quality Alfajores ???  

I got it, we have time, do you have a good recipe and we can try some home baking,,,,,,, start the August filers recipe swap ....... you never know, there may be some Swiss food other than mountain cheese fondue you may like!

We could go through a complete menu of recipes by the time we get approved! 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

Oh good! I'm glad this may help you! Of course this is a case by case basis, and I'm really not sure how it all works so obviously I can't guarantee anything. After doing some research, I finally told my husband about it. I honestly expected them not to approve him for that so I didn't get my hopes up. But he came to the interview armed with seriously substantial evidence that he was returning (about 7 forms), so I figured it would be unreasonable for them to turn him down.

Back in August, we were returning from a family visit to Australia when they turned him away at the airline check in at the Sydney Airport. I had to get back to the US so I got on the plane without him. We had NO idea he was going to be gone for over six months now. It's been really difficult so I decided to try any option I could at this point. Good luck, I wish you the best. If you decide to do this, please let me know how it goes. He can schedule an interview very quickly after you submit the forms.

It is 4:56 in the morning over there and I am dying for my hubby to wake up so I can tell him this news!!!!!!

I know the pain of what you have gone through! Jaden was on the phone with me when he was boarding in Sydney to come over last September when he was stopped and denied. It felt like my heart was ripped right out. I cannot imagine being with him and having to get on that plane and take that flight without him!

i pray everything works out for y'all and I will keep you posted on our situation!!!!!

i am just so happy to know that it is a reall possibility!

1 hour ago, susanm26 said:

It is 4:56 in the morning over there and I am dying for my hubby to wake up so I can tell him this news!!!!!!

I know the pain of what you have gone through! Jaden was on the phone with me when he was boarding in Sydney to come over last September when he was stopped and denied. It felt like my heart was ripped right out. I cannot imagine being with him and having to get on that plane and take that flight without him!

i pray everything works out for y'all and I will keep you posted on our situation!!!!!

i am just so happy to know that it is a reall possibility!

Haha isn't it the worst waiting for them to wake up? The Australian time difference is a serious struggle.

1 hour ago, nicoleelaine said:

Haha isn't it the worst waiting for them to wake up? The Australian time difference is a serious struggle.

Best BBQ and beer slabs .....but worst rugby players to those from New Zealand ....  I am told.

Edited by Patient

14 minutes ago, Patient said:

Best BBQ and beer slabs .....but worst rugby players to those from New Zealand ....  I am told.

Best BBQ and beer? I beg to differ but I'm from Texas so I'm pretty sure nothing compares to Texas BBQ haha. And yeah, NZ definitely is #1 in rugby, we have to give credit where credit is due. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

no approvals today??:(

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

6 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

Best BBQ and beer? I beg to differ but I'm from Texas so I'm pretty sure nothing compares to Texas BBQ haha. And yeah, NZ definitely is #1 in rugby, we have to give credit where credit is due. 

I can only judge on own experiences of living in Switzerland where the BBQ experience is top quality products and wine because the beer is not so good, we do get the real Budweiser and none of those "light" sorry "lite" water drinks so are forced to foreign beers and red wines from Italy and France :devil:

https://leshop.ch/en/search?query=steak  - shows beef and horse steak offers etc. from local on-line shop. Not sure if USD$34 per kg would be acceptable in the USA for such "quality"  B-) 

Edited by Patient

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.