5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

My wife and I attended our AOS interview yesterday. For me i think it went well because the IO asked series of questions to both of us and we answered them correctly. One thing she asked for that my wife didn't take to the interview was her birth certificate. The IO conducted the interview and then photocopy my passport and said the Interview was over. She was going to peruse the document we gave yesterday and if we needs additional information she will send us a letter in the mail. She also said my wife should get the birth certificate because they need it. I'm kind of worry but still trusting God. Please advice...

Edited by TrustingGod

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just get the Birth certificate from your wife (Guessing she is the USC) .... And then wait for the letter so you can submit it as soon as you get it back.

Also fill in your timeline makes it easier for people to help you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Thank you and yes she is the Citizen. We have to request it online from the department of vital records from the of Connecticut. She actually had a birth card but the IO said she needs the other one showing parents full names. Also we live in my mother inlaw's house and pays rent. We submitted a joint lease agreement yesterday. Is it legal to rent from her mother?

Edited by TrustingGod

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you and yes she is the Citizen. We have to request it online from the department of vital records from the of Connecticut. She actually had a birth card but the IO said she needs the other one showing parents full names. Also we live in my mother inlaw's house and pays rent. We submitted a joint lease agreement yesterday. Is it legal to rent from her mother?

It might be quicker if you get it from the county clerk office and It is totally legal to rent from your parent or in-law.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.