Jump to content

Forms for Affidavit of Support

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Visa Journey Community,

My parent(s) will be providing an Affidavit of Support for my fiance. We are currently waiting to receive the 2nd NOA for the K-1, but I'm trying to prepare things ahead of time. Could someone please share with me what forms my fiance will need from my parents besides the actual Affidavit form? (Bank statements, etc.?)

Thank you!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what is actually in the guideline:

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all. 5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate:

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance
(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)
© If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern
(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

The bold is what for example my fiance send in. Are the parents still working? Bank statements, two or three years of tax returns, their job could write a letter stating if they're permanent employees and what they make an hour.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally with the K-1 visa, you need only one co-sponsor that meets the requirement on their own for their household plus the foreign fiance(e). This is because the I-134 does not allow for combining of incomes.

It is not unheard of though for each parent to provide an I-134 and their joint taxes/other financial documents, or for them to use an I-864 and I-864A. I would go with the I-134 for both, if one of them does not meet the requirement alone.

And I answered your last question in your other thread. You should keep similar topics to one post.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.