aa1979

Consulate in Lebanon in general; my specific question is about speaking English in the interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, I have not seen that many recent posts/topics about interviews in Lebanon. Any information would help...

My specific question though is what happens if someone is speaking very little english and lack the confidence of answering questions that may determine many vital issues in their life in such an important interview? Would they provide an interpreter? would they speak Arabic with the fiance? Is that taken against us in any way? Please note that we are both native speakers of Arabic (I speak perfect English as well) and that's the language of our communication in case someone wants to ask me how we communicate if the fiance does not speak English. One thing I am aware of is they don't allow the USC/Petitioner to go into the interview (I was thinking about being a potential interpreter). Learning how to answer all the question with limited english word content is very challenging in such a short period of time and I don't think that's a good option.

My second question is, what is the wait time to get an interview date once the $265 is processed for an interview? Is it closer to 2 weeks or is it more like 2 months?

Thanks alot

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

They will ask you before the interview if you want an interpreter. No it will not affect your case in anyway since you both speak Arabic. That's true they do not let the petitioner in unless they ask you to be there.

About the interview, within 2 months.

Good luck.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

In regards to making a payment of $265, is that the only fee we have to worry about over there or is there more fees? Can I use western union to transfer the money to a bank branch manager over there, if I don't have someone who can make that payment in Lebanon? or do we have to have someone to pay it in person over there?

Thanks again and sorry about the multiple questions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Can anyone please let me know what kind of questions will they ask in lebanon?

another thing, is birth certificate a must to bring to the interview? my fiance doesnt have one because he was born in syria and theres no way he can get one right now due to whats going on there. please help me!

Can anyone please let me know what kind of questions will they ask in lebanon?

another thing, is birth certificate a must to bring to the interview? my fiance doesnt have one because he was born in syria and theres no way he can get one right now due to whats going on there. please help me!

Is your fiance a male or female? Is she/he going to be able to get the "no legal problems certificate" (la 7okm 3alaih)? Birth certificates can be issued by family. It is important. Otherwise, you just have to be honest and tell them what happened and how it is causing you a very tough hardship to obtain it... That you both are unable to solve that issue.

In regards to the questions: they may ask you anything and everything that you are expected to know of each other. Any red flags may be focused on. The interviewee is advised to look elegant without exaggeration. Ask for interpreter if the interviewee not confident in English. They ask about the full name of the USC. Date of birth of both sides. education/degree/specialty of the USC. name of college/university of the where the USC was. They ask about the exact work of the USC, the job title, and the location of his/her work. Current address of where the USC is located. They can ask about previous relationships sometimes to make sure that everything is on the table. They will most likely ask you of the details of how you met, and how you got to know each other as well. Your first meeting and later if you have seen each other again. If you met each others' families. How/when you both got engaged and where. They can check if your fiance came back to visit you again after you both got engaged. They may ask you to show some photo's and the affidavit of support. The interview itself takes about 10 minutes or less.

Edited by aa1979

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.