MoroccanEscape

Interview: 221g additional affidavit of support needed

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband's interview was today at the consulate in Casablanca. His appointment time was at 8 am (2 am my time) at 7:25, my time my phone rang and it was him telling me that he had been told they "forgot" about his inteview. He was told to get some lunch and come back at 2pm local time (8am my time). He went back and he was told that I didn't make enough in 2015, even though I had sent letters explaining that I had lived in Morocco until the end of May 2015 and only had 6 months of income in the US. I also had sent in every single pay check stub from both of my jobs and letters from my current employers stating what my position was, how often I got paid, what my hourly wage was and how much I would make annually. I thought it would be enough but it wasn't. When he called me back to tell me that, I was devastated. But of course you do what any other married couple who is in love and just wants to be together does, you find a co-sponsor.

My question is, I am going to overnight the co-sponsors information to Morocco on Friday. It doesn't state that there is a time limit that we have to get his back to them. It just says to take it and another letter he was given to the Aramex office where his passport will be picked up. Does anyone know, will they take a copy of this I-864 in case I can't get the signed original there before any sort of deadline we don't know about ? Has anyone else been though this process in Morocco or anyone else for that matter ?

Thanks,

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I haven't personally been through that situation at this point, but my suggestion is to write an email and/or call the consulate (during their very limited hours when they take calls) to ask if there is a deadline to turn it in. Another option here may be to contact Aramex and ask them, since he was instructed to turn in the documents there...perhaps they were given information about a deadline from the consulate, or they have experience with others who had this same issue and can possibly advise your husband.

FedEx the joint sponsor's documents (make sure the right form is used, it's complete, and has the proper supporting documentation attached to it as described in the form instructions) to your husband ASAP, but I would also email him a copy of it all, just in case...that way he could show them that it's done and the original is forth-coming (if the mail takes a long time to arrive).

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Timeline

I haven't personally been through that situation at this point, but my suggestion is to write an email and/or call the consulate (during their very limited hours when they take calls) to ask if there is a deadline to turn it in. Another option here may be to contact Aramex and ask them, since he was instructed to turn in the documents there...perhaps they were given information about a deadline from the consulate, or they have experience with others who had this same issue and can possibly advise your husband.

FedEx the joint sponsor's documents (make sure the right form is used, it's complete, and has the proper supporting documentation attached to it as described in the form instructions) to your husband ASAP, but I would also email him a copy of it all, just in case...that way he could show them that it's done and the original is forth-coming (if the mail takes a long time to arrive).

Thank you. He went to Aramex this morning and they told him he has one year, but I don't believe that. We have tried calling the consulate before at the numbers we've found for them during the times they say they take calls with no luck.

I will just get our co-sponsors things together today and get them FED-EXed to him.

Also, I'm confused because they gave him everything back. Our petition that they had, in addition to all our paperwork except for his medical.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Timeline

Thank you. He went to Aramex this morning and they told him he has one year, but I don't believe that. We have tried calling the consulate before at the numbers we've found for them during the times they say they take calls with no luck.

I will just get our co-sponsors things together today and get them FED-EXed to him.

Also, I'm confused because they gave him everything back. Our petition that they had, in addition to all our paperwork except for his medical.

AHA! I just found the answer! Aramex was right.

"If some document is missing, or an additional document needed, or if your case requires further administrative processing for any reason, the officer will inform you of this at the end of the interview, and give you a paper explaining what is needed. If additional documents are requested, you will have one year (or, for Diversity Visas, until the end of the program on September 30th) to provide the missing documents."

Source: http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.html

31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

Timeline

Also, I think it's a good sign they gave him back his documents. If they had kept them, then there'd still be a chance of denial because they'd have his intact casefile that they could send back to USCIS. It looks like they're DEFINITELY going to approve him, as long as the joint sponsor's stuff is squared away and approved.

31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

Timeline

Also, I think it's a good sign they gave him back his documents. If they had kept them, then there'd still be a chance of denial because they'd have his intact casefile that they could send back to USCIS. It looks like they're DEFINITELY going to approve him, as long as the joint sponsor's stuff is squared away and approved.

Thank you so much for the information, and for finding that for me. I'm just a nervous wreck right now and want to get them what they need so we can get on with it. He said that the CO told him everything was good and that once the cosponsors information was submitted to ARAMEX along with his passport that they would issue the VISA within 10 days. I guess I'm just being paranoid and overly cautious and not thinking clearly due to lack of sleep the past few days.

Thank you again !

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Timeline

You're welcome!

I'd be just as much of a nervous wreck, so I don't blame you at all! I hope the mail gets there quickly and that he does get his passport/visa back in only 10 days (or less).

But I'm just going to say it now...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

Timeline

You're welcome!

I'd be just as much of a nervous wreck, so I don't blame you at all! I hope the mail gets there quickly and that he does get his passport/visa back in only 10 days (or less).

But I'm just going to say it now...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

You've got me crying now ! You are too kind.......I appreciate you. (L)

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Timeline

I mailed the I-864 with supporting documents from our co-sponsor yesterday via FedEx. My husband should have it by Monday and to Aramex on Tuesday. The CO that interviewed him said that once he submitted this information to ARAMEX, along with his passport he would have his visa within 10 days....does anyone think this is realistic ? Our co-sponsor more than qualified to sponsor us so I know there will be no problems there.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Timeline

People seem to not be answering Moroccan threads lately...

Yes, I do think 10 days is realistic. I've done the math and it takes about that long for most people to get their visa/passport back in Morocco (as long as they didn't have a security check/other kind of AP, which your husband doesn't have to go through).

31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

Timeline

People seem to not be answering Moroccan threads lately...

Yes, I do think 10 days is realistic. I've done the math and it takes about that long for most people to get their visa/passport back in Morocco (as long as they didn't have a security check/other kind of AP, which your husband doesn't have to go through).

Thank you so much for your help. You have been great and you are right, people don't seem to be answering the Moroccan threads as often and it's a pity because this consulate can be very daunting at best.

I will post later what happens and also a review of the consulate. - Thank you again and good luck with your interview as well.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck to both of your Ladies.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

We got the same request for more proofs. One handed and they have 30 to 60 days to review it. They reviewed mine under 60 days and then decided they wanted another co-sponsor.you do have a year to submit it or it goes back to uscis

Edited by FarrahIdir

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.