Private Skylark

I-129F Package Layout

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I had the cover sheet that I found on here. I also put our passport pictures in little ziploc bags and our 6 pictures in photo sleeves that I tore out of an unused photo album. I paper clipped the different sections and then binder clipped the whole thing together!

This is our cover letter on our I-129F packet so all the documents were arranged accordingly the way we listed it.

• Payment of filing fee in the amount of $170. Check number _____ dated ___.
  • Form I-129F
  • I-129F Supplements: Part A: Question 9: Names of Prior Spouses / Date(s) Marriage(s) Ended; Part B: Question 18: Has your Fiancé(e) met and seen you within the two-year period immediately preceding the filing of this petition?; Part B, Question 19: Did you meet your Fiancé(e) or spouse through the services of an international marriage broker?
  • Forms G-325a (filled up and signed) and photographs of the Petitioner and Beneficiary.
  • G-325a Supplement: Former Husbands or Wives
  • Divorce Decrees / Death Certificate
  • Proof of Citizenship
  • Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate and Certificate of No Marriage (in English language already)
  • Photocopy of receipts for travel, itinerary from May 16, 2006 to May 28, 2006 (1st trip), itinerary from October 29, 2006 to November 20, 2006 (2nd trip) and Immigration stamped passport pages.
  • Photocopy of hotel reservations and hotel receipts (1st trip and 2nd trip).
  • Relationship photos taken in my fiancée’s province and in places where we stayed together (1st trip and 2nd trip).
  • Copy of our letters of intent to marry.
  • Copy of our signed proposal of marriage and her acceptance.
  • Photocopy of money transfer receipts, mail correspondence, phone bills, used phone cards

We punched holes on top, bound it with ACCO fastener in a plastic (thicker) folder and then used a divider sheet with tabs at the bottom for proper identification if each document...

Note: Beneficiary's BC was not listed amongst the documents for I-129F but others received RFE for it... As for the money trasnfer, mail correspondence, phone bills and phone cards, we thought it's not going to hurt if we include it. We didn't receive RFE and we got approved in 82 days :thumbs:

Good luck with yours!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
By the way, I've got 99 acco fasteners I have no use for. Anyone interested?

I'm interested! Too bad it would cost more to send them to California than what they actually cost. :blink:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
By the way, I've got 99 acco fasteners I have no use for. Anyone interested?

I'm interested! Too bad it would cost more to send them to California than what they actually cost. :blink:

No kidding, huh? :)

I was so stressed and hurried by the time I was getting ready to mail the packet, that I didn't rip up the check I had bled on (just a wee bit, nothing major) and write a new one. I had called my bank to get a copy of it and just opened it yesterday. You could actually see the stain on the photocopy of the check!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

I made up much of my evidence here in the UK before I left for a Christmas visit.

I chose to use a bound volume containing 20 clear plastic envelopes which were open at the top (Snopake presentation pockets [bound in 20s, not separate for ring binders]). That meant I could add in items to evidence the case.

When in the USA we added other evidence which my fiancee had collected.

In black ball-point at the top right of each item I labelled B1, B2 etc for bankk details of all our transcations, P1, P2 etc for all photographic evidence and D1, D2 etc for all other documents. Then when I typed up the background to our meeting and relationship I referred to each item.

We filed all the sections individually so all the banking information went into one section, with other sections for photographs and one for documents. That made it quite reasonable to bind it altogether so it would be easy to manage on a busy desk but unstapled and unclipped to help if they needed to refile anything in their own order.

Additionally, of course we included in separate sections all the forms and in our case copies of divorce decrees and birth certificates.

At the front we had a separate folder pocket for the covering letter and finally an index of all the sections.

The original clear pockets were of course A4 but that didn't cause too much trouble even though size of paper changes to imperial measurements in the USA.

One can never say one format is better than another but it was all based on making it logical clear and undamaged for the officer dealing with the case.

I hope this helps.

There is nothing wrong with being a perfectionist...only sometimes time and resources are limiting factors!

Best wishes

Chris

I made a cover sheet for the prrof of relationship as well, which was just a list of the items I provided and the date, so they knew exactly what evidence I provided.

As for the evidence photos, I didn't put them in clear plastic sleeves but glued each one to a plain white piece of paper. That way, I could point easily to things in the picture. And then I put the location and date under the photo. I hope this is okay, my aunt used to work for an immigration lawyer and this is what they always did apprently.

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

You sound as obsessed with the process of putting it all together perfectly just like I was, swear I drove my Fiance mad with my need for colour coding but I just didnnt want to take any chances!

At Staples in the US you can get clear A4 (or the US size equivalent) folders that seal at the top, this is what I used for our photos and I also brought labels so I could label every folder with location/date etc. An index at the start is definitely necessary and I used different colour tabs and numbered sections to make it easy to use - when you are putting it together check that if you received it it would be easy to navigate or would it raise any questions/be over complicated -that is the best measure!

I did use a folder as we had so much to include that I found it far simpler to ensure nothing was lost this way and we had no issues getting approved.

Good luck!

Lauren

16th October 2009 - I-751 Packet received at CSC

16th October 2009 - NOA1 date for I-751

05 Nov 2009 - Early biometrics appointment (taken with no hassles or query on date)

23 Nov 2009 - Biometrics appointment

23 Nov 2009 - Received email stating 'Card Production Ordered' -woo hoo!

'I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness, but I am not a government official'

Deadwood, Season 2

Filed: Timeline
You sound as obsessed with the process of putting it all together perfectly just like I was, swear I drove my Fiance mad with my need for colour coding but I just didnnt want to take any chances!

At Staples in the US you can get clear A4 (or the US size equivalent) folders that seal at the top, this is what I used for our photos and I also brought labels so I could label every folder with location/date etc. An index at the start is definitely necessary and I used different colour tabs and numbered sections to make it easy to use - when you are putting it together check that if you received it it would be easy to navigate or would it raise any questions/be over complicated -that is the best measure!

I did use a folder as we had so much to include that I found it far simpler to ensure nothing was lost this way and we had no issues getting approved.

Good luck!

Lauren

Whee! Thank you :)

Filed: Timeline
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they laid our their I-129F petition.

What order did you put everything in?

Did you include an index at the front?

Did you use folders to organise everything?

How many copies did you make of the folder?

Where did each copy go and did it contain exactly the same stuff as each other?

I'm a perfectionist and I'm very very ####### over organisation and presentation. I'm going the US in May and that's when my guy and I are going to fill in all the paper work and start the petition. So everything has to be perfect. I apologise if this seems odd or annoys anyone, I can't help it and really want to know about other people's organisation of their I-129F petition package. If you have any photos or whatever, that'd make me a very happy girl :) If you write down an index as well of the order in which you had your I-129F in, I'd be so happy.

Also, with the I-129F petition package you send off.. Do you ever get it back? I'm going to make sure my guy has a copy of the petition package, I have a copy and that all the original he also has in another folder incase anything needs to be sent off. So that'll be 3 folders of the I-129F petition and 1 folder full of all original documentation that may be required.

Am I going about this all the right way? ^^;

I wasnt too happy when I learned that everything will be taken out of your folder and put into another folder..docs on the right evidence on the left (something to that effect) but the service likes it their way. :( I didnt have an index but I used tabs. I heard it pisses them off if the tabs are on the side instead of the bottom. I really wanted to make sure I wouldnt get an RFE for something that was obviously there (as I've read) but wasnt seen due to my organizational skills. You will be fine...try not to focus on perfection and get 'er in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.