Tunz

Affidavit of support - part time job

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I'm a green card holder and I've petitioned for my spouse in F2A visa category. I'm unemployed.

So my brother is going to be a joint sponsor. He is an LPR who came to the US in April 2015. So he did file tax returns for only last year and because he was employed half of the year, his income is below federal poverty level.

His current job is part-time with no minimal weekly hours. But his employer can give him employment verification letter which doesn't say that it's part time. We have his weekly pay stubs for last 6 months. And the total amount for the first 6 months is above half of the 125% Federal Poverty Line.

I would like to know how many pay stubs should we send to NVC, if any? Should we include employment verification letter? What amount should we put for the current individual annual income on Affidavit of Support form? How do we calculate current annual income? Later, we can ask the employer to put that amount as his annual income. Have you or anybody you know encountered this situation and how did you resolve that issue? I don't want to get an RFE.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the inome must be soleby base on what is transcribe in the sponsor's etheir of the W2, IRS transcript and return. The employments letter is just a proof that he has a job, but the income still reflect in those documents. I had submitted 2012, 2013 and 2014 returns of my husband, then the employment letter. My husband's 2012 income is 8,000 dollars only which is obviously didn't meet the support, the rest are above 21k that they are requiring. i thought I would have problem with that, but thanks God, it went fine. it is still up to you, just sharing my experience and knowledge.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Normally it would be enough, but with no taxable income for the last few years, they will likely look more closely at it

. :time: , that will help us help you- for example, if you have a few more months to go before your wife's interview, your brother can file 2016 taxas asap in the new year, and that will make the process easier.

The fact that the job is part time does not matter, what matters is how much he makes, so do NOT have his employer lie about his hours, that could be very bad; but if the employer can write a letter stating something like "while this position has no guaranteed hours, the employee usually works x-y number of hours, making an average monthly wage of Z. We expect this to remain the same or increase; this is a stable and ongoing position." that may help, especially when supported by paystubs. I would send 3-4 paystubs to NVC, and then bring more recent ones to the interview, where the ultimate decision will be made.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.