billy g mosley

bringing my step son from philippines

19 posts in this topic

hi i hope everybody is good. iam a US citizen and iam married to a filipina who presently staying with me here in kuwait middle east. she got a son, my step son 15 yrs old and he is in the Philippines. now my questions are:

1. would it be possible for me to apply their visa together here in Kuwait straight to uscis Chicago lockbox the IR/CR1 visa using the F I-130 (of course of different case number/separately)., but one is addressed here in Kuwait which is for my wife and the other one is addressed in manila Philippines for my step son. I actually talked to one of the USCIS customer representative and she said it was ok. I just wanna hear from anybody who had experienced the same thing if they encountered any problems.

2.if this is positive should I file a separate g325 for him ( g325a for him and my g325a )?

3. can this be done I mean filling up the forms thru hand written?

thank you in advance

sharonechiparemosley78

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes you can file for your wife and step son at the same time, in the same envelope; he will have his medical and interview where he lives, and she where she lives.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yes penguin is right cuz I'm currently petitioning for my stepdaughter from the Philippines her mother reside in the states with me now. I even had a document of temporary guardianship drawn up for her grandfather to accompany her to the interview in Manila plus an email from USEM stating that it's fine by them as long that he has ID

thanks teddy and penguin for boosting our hope and confidence to proceed on this process.what about the documents regarding the temporary guardianship? is that like a letter or affidavit from my stepson's guardian happened to be his grandmother. does it have to be notarized and authenticated by the Philippine embassy in Philippines or here in Kuwait where we are presently residing?

sharonechiparemosley78

Hi Sharon, this is what I did I downloaded a simple temporary Guardianship Agreement form and I had it notarized stating that the grandmother is the kids guardian. And I sent an email to CONS NIV MANILA subject :minor having interview at embassy - then write hi consul my step-son will be interviewing for a immigrant visa can I send his legal guardian who's his grandmother to accompany him cuz we reside in? His ID is fine

And the embassy will email you you back a response and you will use that for the grandmother to get into the embassy

Get it notarized where you reside

thank you teddy, that is very informative ill keep that in mind, I'm still on the first step. not even submitting the F I-130. By the way I wanna ask something, for sure you can help me.. when I file the said form I 130 of course it will be two separate for my son and wife..do I have to file (2) G325a for myself and for each one of them? what other forms did you use on the first time?

for the evidence of the bonafide marriage what did you provide? is this really necessary since I have all the strong documents they need?

sharonechiparemosley78

Hi Sharon, this is what you will be doing this is 2 separate petitions so you will be filling 2 G-325 FORMS. you will need your marriage certificate. Birth certificate for everyone. Now here's the key front-load your package with alot of proofs like remittances records.pictures. Chat logs stuff like that and send it in with the i-130 and good luck with your journey

thank you once again teddy.. I hope youll never get tired attending to all my queries..for now that would be enough I will have to do the very first step.good day!!

sharonechiparemosley78

im sorry teddy wasnt able to answer right away ive been out for a while.. my timeline? maybe later..this site is much helpful than others

sharonechiparemosley78

hi everyone good morning, would like to ask if its possible not to provide the date of the very first marriage that I had but did provide the place of the marriage as well as the date and place of termination of marriage.. and would it be a big deal for some small erasures using a touch and go? this is actually on our g 325 form..thanks in advance

sharonechiparemosley78

and one thing more since we are filling up the g325a in behalf of my step son, can we sign the papers for him since he is in the philippines? if yes is it me or his mom who should sign the form at the right bottom part. thanks again

sharonechiparemosley78

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes you can sign for the minor child.

Why would you not put the date of the marriage? If you do not remember, check the divorce decree, it may be on there. It would be ok to put the approximate date ("Mat 2006"), but not putting any date is not acceptable.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.