5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I got a RFIE this morning for AOS. I'm super confused right now and hoping that someone would shed some light on this situation :) (I was on F-1/OPT visa, and am filing AOS based on marriage)

So the "reasons" I got were:

- The "Sponsor's Household Size" on the petitioner/sponsor's Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (revision date 07/02/2015), was calculated incorrectly or not completed. A household size of 0 or 1 is not acceptable. (This one my hubby and I figured out - we made a stupid mistake...)

- Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and all supporting tax schedules) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year. The petitioner/sponsor must submit all supporting tax documents for the most recent tax year.

We sent my husband's W2, 1099s, the entire tax return of 2015 including the supporting tax schedules (filed in Feb 2016), and the 2 most recent pay stubs to USCIS.. I'm not sure what is missing.... He doesn't have foreign income so Form 2555 was not applicable.

- Based on the documents submitted with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for the petitioner/sponsor, the income did not meet 125% of the federal poverty line for the petitioner/sponsor's household size. Submit evidence of assets that meet the standards listed below or obtain joint sponsor. Assets standards must equal the stated difference between the sponsor's household income and 125% of the federal poverty line.

This one is really confusing... Our household income is a lot higher than 12% of the federal poverty line, I'm confused where this is coming from..

Hope someone would know what's going on here... Good luck everyone!

~ ROC in Process ~

10/25/2018: I-751 Filed Jointly 

12/06/2018: NOA 18-month Extension Letter

07/01/2019: Bio Appointment

07/23/2019: Divorce Finalized

08/10/2019: Package sent to switch to Divorce Waiver

8/20/2019: Status Update "CARD PRODUCTION" 

8/28/2019: 10yr Green Card on Hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

thats part of there format. I also got same and one guy from UK also and we came to conclusion that this is a standard format they have which they roll out to everyone however primary concern is always first point

in my case it was recent year 1040 which we filed and sent

thats part of there format. I also got same and one guy from UK also and we came to conclusion that this is a standard format they have which they roll out to everyone however primary concern is always first point

in my case it was recent year 1040 which we filed and sent

Thank you so much!!

~ ROC in Process ~

10/25/2018: I-751 Filed Jointly 

12/06/2018: NOA 18-month Extension Letter

07/01/2019: Bio Appointment

07/23/2019: Divorce Finalized

08/10/2019: Package sent to switch to Divorce Waiver

8/20/2019: Status Update "CARD PRODUCTION" 

8/28/2019: 10yr Green Card on Hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can get an IRS transcript for 2015 and not worry about anything being missing from your complete copy of the return.

If you get an RFE for missing taxes, then the letter will always state the income does not meet the requirement. Provide the IRS tax transcript with the updated/fixed I-864 and that should do it. Go ahead and provide more recent pay stubs too.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you so much!!

your welcome buddy!!!

I was super confused like you.

re did the I864

filed taxes for 2015 and sent 1040.

sent w2 for 2015.

also sent recent pay stubs and letter from employer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.