amaada

Is there a way to Expedite Release of K1 Visa after Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

My interview was last July 28th and was approved right away. My problem now is the release of my passport visa seems to be taking so long since I got a flight on August 7th. (okay, so it's my fault to be booking in advance. Lol)

But I'm asking for any suggestions of what I can do with it.

Can I go to USEM and talk to them about the status of the release of my passport visa or what?

I was told that I only had to wait 5-7 days.

I'm hoping it will have progress tomorrow since it will be 5th business day since my interview. So tomorrow if it wont have any progress I'll definitely start to freak out.

I guess I only have two choices here: one is to change the flight or if there could be a way to make an appeal to expedite the release my passport, it would be best. Huhu. HELP

P.S. I already had my CFO seminar and I'm just waiting for the visa to get the sticker. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I don't think there's a way to expedite. But if you look at the country portal that you're coming out of and check the timelines of those last approved you will get a more realistic view of visa processing times at your location. You really only gave yourself 6 business days between interview and flight (minus the day of your actual interview and weekends). I'd be calling right away to find out about rescheduling my flight if I were you.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Had my interview July 27 and got my passport today (delivered) so it was 5 working days. You probably gonna have it tomorrow. Track your passport via 2Go website using your UID# (the one at your interview confirmation page).

Timeline

I don't think there's a way to expedite. But if you look at the country portal that you're coming out of and check the timelines of those last approved you will get a more realistic view of visa processing times at your location. You really only gave yourself 6 business days between interview and flight (minus the day of your actual interview and weekends). I'd be calling right away to find out about rescheduling my flight if I were you.

Thanks, JR. We'll definitely call, we're just waiting until tomorrow for this. Whew!

Timeline

Had my interview July 27 and got my passport today (delivered) so it was 5 working days. You probably gonna have it tomorrow. Track your passport via 2Go website using your UID# (the one at your interview confirmation page).

Wow, great! I wish I had my passport as fast as yours. I've been tracking countless times everyday since I had my interview... But it always says "Passport still with US Embassy" or in CEAC just "Ready", or in 2Go "INVALID" using all the numbers I got.

How about you? How was the progress of your status before you got your visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi!

My interview was last July 28th and was approved right away. My problem now is the release of my passport visa seems to be taking so long since I got a flight on August 7th. (okay, so it's my fault to be booking in advance. Lol)

But I'm asking for any suggestions of what I can do with it.

Can I go to USEM and talk to them about the status of the release of my passport visa or what?

I was told that I only had to wait 5-7 days.

I'm hoping it will have progress tomorrow since it will be 5th business day since my interview. So tomorrow if it wont have any progress I'll definitely start to freak out.

I guess I only have two choices here: one is to change the flight or if there could be a way to make an appeal to expedite the release my passport, it would be best. Huhu. HELP

P.S. I already had my CFO seminar and I'm just waiting for the visa to get the sticker. :)

There's a reason why the embassy says not to make any travel plans...

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You have ignored the US Embassy's advice, so it's not their problem.

The US Embassy will not reward you with an expedite for ignoring their advice.

If you don't have a visa, then you will need to change your flight.

Best of luck.

Wow, great! I wish I had my passport as fast as yours. I've been tracking countless times everyday since I had my interview... But it always says "Passport still with US Embassy" or in CEAC just "Ready", or in 2Go "INVALID" using all the numbers I got.

How about you? How was the progress of your status before you got your visa?

July 27: Interview, after few hours CEAC status "Ready"

July 28 - CEAC status "Administrative Review"

July 29 - CEAC status "Issued"

July 30-Aug 1 - via www.ustraveldocs.com/ph - "Passport still with US Embassy.."

Aug 2 - via www.ustraveldocs.com/ph - "Passport has been received from consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery." And so this is where I started tracking via 2GO website using my UID# (it would show invalid if you use passport# or case#) and updates showing that it was transfered to 2GO and loaded to plane same day (i'm in Visayas)

Aug 3 - "out for delivery" and was delivered to me noon time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.