Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Andrina said:

From the date my letter was sent and the interview it was two months. Hopefully you have your interview in December so you don't have to worry about your child.

Appreciate your concern Andrina! I got word yesterday that my oath ceremony is on Oct 23 :jest:! . My kid will be an American when born (after all the paperwork and the DNA tests :unsure: )

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Timeline

16.5 years after I first entered this country as a H1B immigrant and 14 months into the N400 fiasco , I am finally a US citizen!  :D

I was scheduled for the 23rd October for my oath, but this morning I  showed up at the Mt. Laurel Office with an Infopass appointment and requested they accommodate me for today's oath if possible . They finally cut me some slack and I just got out of the ceremony. Was a well organized ceremony and 21 of us from 14 different countries took the oath. Must say it was all great except the super ironic welcome message from Trump at the end. 

All the best to the last holdouts in the thread. Please keep pushing on your congressional contacts, I think that is what moved my case forward in the end. I am pretty sure it was just an administrative glitch at their end and there was no reason to hold me up for a long background check (not a single question about my background was asked in my interview)

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Emil J said:

Got my interview tomorrow, a bit over 15 months waiting.... but I guess better late than never...;)

Absolutely, good luck and please share your experience. I am a September 2016  filer from Dallas,TX and still no interview for me. Waiting game continue for a lot of people. I am very happy for you, I now have hope for my case :)

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Emil J said:

Got my interview tomorrow, a bit over 15 months waiting.... but I guess better late than never...;)

Congrats Emil! Happy for you. All the best !!

58 minutes ago, Vicky358 said:

Absolutely, good luck and please share your experience. I am a September 2016  filer from Dallas,TX and still no interview for me. Waiting game continue for a lot of people. I am very happy for you, I now have hope for my case :)

1 hour ago, Emil J said:

Congrats! I had mine last Monday and it was swift and easy! :-) 5 questions, made to read 1 question and write the answer to the question :-) No same day oath, Immigration Officer it might be on February next year but it is ok since I am going out of the country this Xmas season! We are finally nearing our closure on this immigration journey!

• 3 months later...
On 5/22/2017 at 9:04 AM, sepiu said:

I had multiple notices for additional FP. I was told not to attend since they were already in the system and were valid.

The other say i git this message "

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on December 17, 2016."

That was the date of the last FP notice.

I dont know... This system sucks!

Hello I got the same email from USCIS after my biometrics got done ... do you have any updates on this ? is this a problem ? 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, danielle nogueira said:

Account acceptance notice in July, 23 2019 and your benefit has been accepted and is under review, then after I got no more response

I guess you are in the wrong place. Here are 2016 year filers. You need to find 2019 year

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.