Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

just a data point for you guys from another Seattle guy.  I filed my app late July & FP done early Aug of 2016.  I got my email notification & PDF for the interview in mid Jan 2017 with interview date of 2/22.  Yes, I am on IOE.  A friend of mine who is also Seattle IOE and have about a week later PD & FP date than mine has his interview scheduled one week later than my date.

it's moving guys.

Edited by SeattleNeko

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, SeattleNeko said:

just a data point for you guys from another Seattle guy.  I filed my app late July & FP done early Aug of 2016.  I got my email notification & PDF for the interview in mid Jan 2017 with interview date of 2/22.  Yes, I am on IOE.  A friend of mine who is also Seattle IOE and have about a week later PD & FP date than mine has his interview scheduled one week later than my date.

it's moving guys.

Thank you! Good to hear that things are moving along!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/27/2017 at 1:50 PM, babyduck said:

An update from Seattle FO. I went in for an Infopass yesterday and the officer was quite chatty and friendly.

He mentioned 3 important details as to why Seattle has been so slow.

1. About 1/3rd of Seattle FO's staff have quit due to the high cost of living. They are severely understaffed.

2. IOE files have been fully digitized and officers who have undergone training in dealing with these digital files are the only ones allowed to work on them. There was a training session in early jan for about half of the staff and there is one more in Feb for the remaining officers. So if you are unlucky enough to get stuck with an officer who has not yet received training, then don't expect any movement until Feb. Also, many trained officers quit after the Jan session thereby reducing the pool of available officers even more.

3. Due to the digitization, IOE interviews are conducted on Ipads and as expected with the govt, the Ipads and the software on them are crashing frequently thus delaying the processing even further.

The officer told me that it's impossible to provide a timeline, but 8 month waits are not uncommon! Ugh, it sucks.

Thanks for the update!

I was thinking about scheduling an Infopass, luckily you saved me a trip to the FO to get the same answers since we both are in Seattle. It sucks to think we should be almost done only find out there might be several additional months tacked onto this unnerving waiting. 

I had a question for anyone who has had their oath since J20. What was the experience like with the (I assume) new video featuring the new president? In light of recent events, I am curious as to how they affect the naturalization process, and if we should expect some sort of injunction.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Thanks for the update!

I was thinking about scheduling an Infopass, luckily you saved me a trip to the FO to get the same answers since we both are in Seattle. It sucks to think we should be almost done only find out there might be several additional months tacked onto this unnerving waiting. 

I had a question for anyone who has had their oath since J20. What was the experience like with the (I assume) new video featuring the new president? In light of recent events, I am curious as to how they affect the naturalization process, and if we should expect some sort of injunction.

I have not had my oath yet, but I consulted with an attorney today. She said that N-400's have not been affected at all, even for the unlucky LPR's of the 7 banned countries. However, she said that she got word from USCIS that they have stopped processing all other immigration benefits (I-130, I-485, AOS etc) for those citizens. How tragic! Even spouses of US citizens are affected.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, babyduck said:

I have not had my oath yet, but I consulted with an attorney today. She said that N-400's have not been affected at all, even for the unlucky LPR's of the 7 banned countries. However, she said that she got word from USCIS that they have stopped processing all other immigration benefits (I-130, I-485, AOS etc) for those citizens. How tragic! Even spouses of US citizens are affected.

I am so nervous about this! I am a Citizen of India but was born in one of the banned seven countries so I don't know how badly this new ban would effect me and what ramifications it might have on my N-400 case. When I switched on the news over the weekend I was shaking! I did speak to a USCIS officer and they told me I should not be affected. Thanks @babyduck for sharing the information that you have gathered.

My heart goes out to those people doing their I-130, !-485. AOS etc, I would be so, so upset and outraged. 

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

Timeline
3 hours ago, phunkyvida said:

I am so nervous about this! I am a Citizen of India but was born in one of the banned seven countries so I don't know how badly this new ban would effect me and what ramifications it might have on my N-400 case. When I switched on the news over the weekend I was shaking! I did speak to a USCIS officer and they told me I should not be affected. Thanks @babyduck for sharing the information that you have gathered.

My heart goes out to those people doing their I-130, !-485. AOS etc, I would be so, so upset and outraged. 

@phunkyvida so my attorney sent me an email 5 minutes ago that USCIS will not be processing N 400's for LPR's from the 7 countries either. If your place of birth is one of the 7, I highly recommend talking to an attorney about your situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, babyduck said:

@phunkyvida so my attorney sent me an email 5 minutes ago that USCIS will not be processing N 400's for LPR's from the 7 countries either. If your place of birth is one of the 7, I highly recommend talking to an attorney about your situation.

@babyduck I originally misunderstood the maps that I had seen and delving deeper into this issue I realised I had misinterpreted the information. The United Arab Emirates was not part of the 7 banned countries. I was born in Dubai, UAE. So I escape this muckety muck by the skin of my teeth. It could have been a very different story if I had been born in Qatar or Oman or Yemen (all countries my parents worked in prior to my birth)

Edited by phunkyvida

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 hours ago, babyduck said:

That is so awful! I just can't believe this is happening. As bad as I feel for the people affected so far, it seems it's only going to keep getting worse. I am prepared for the worst at this point. 

15 hours ago, babyduck said:

Again, in just one day this changed. If it's temporary that's anyone's guess, but I think we are only seeing the beginning. Best of luck to us all and whoever gets their citizenship, make sure you use it responsibly to help out others in need.

Filed: Timeline

I just saw this article.

https://www.soundimmigration.com/trump-immigration-ban-impact-uscis-applications-485-n-400-90-etc/

My wife and I do not belong to those 7 countries but I feel terrible for those who are affected.

I have a feeling that we're also affected in a way (this will cause additional delays for sure for everyone).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 1/30/2017 at 2:45 PM, Kutza said:

Got the interview tomorrow... and i am nervous about that test lol :unsure:

How did it go? I am sure you did great!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NewAm16 said:

Sorry for the people impacted by the EO, I just received an email: "On January 31, 2017, we scheduled an interview for your Form N400"

congrats!!! that's great news!

and my heart goes out to all impacted! 

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Congrats to the ones that are getting Interview Appointments notifications.

Can we get an update on the list ?  I want to see if it's only Texas Lockbox people getting the Interview notifications. I know this won't change things but I'm just wondering if there's a bigger backlog for the ones that sent their application to the Phoenix Lockbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.