Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

NEWS! Have you read that guys!??? Someone posted in another thread

USCIS suspends all naturalization approvals & oaths for ELIS cases

https://judiciary.house.gov/press-release/house-judiciary-committee-uncovers-uscis-fails-conduct-background-checks-immigration-applicants/

What in the world does this mean?? This is scary!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

https://judiciary.house.gov/press-release/house-judiciary-committee-uncovers-uscis-fails-conduct-background-checks-immigration-applicants/

i read it yesterday on "bad" news sources, so I didn't pay too much attention. But now, I guess we have to brace ourselves for a long wait ...

What in the world does this mean?? This is scary!

follow the link and read the article. It says it all. The key phrase is "Effective immediately offices are instructed not to approve or oath any naturalization cases in ELIS. We have identified an issue with FBI Name Checks initiated through ELIS. At this point we are not confident that proper FBI Name Checks have been run on certain ELIS cases. At this point we are uncertain of the scope of the problem…."

follow the link and read the article. It says it all. The key phrase is "Effective immediately offices are instructed not to approve or oath any naturalization cases in ELIS. We have identified an issue with FBI Name Checks initiated through ELIS. At this point we are not confident that proper FBI Name Checks have been run on certain ELIS cases. At this point we are uncertain of the scope of the problem…."

what a mess...it says they are not approving or oathing, how about scheduling for the interviews? will we still be called in for an interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Natuerlich! You are welcome. As of in the dark, I think we all feel like that, so even if you are in the dark, you are not alone

P.S. not sure if they are open today

Thank you, that means a lot. Let's hope for some good luck and a swift process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It seems to be affecting only ELIS cases, but I wonder if this will this extend to NBC cases too?

My spouse has an NBC number, but we haven't heard anything since her interview last week. We proactively scheduled an InfoPass appointment in two weeks so that we can check on things. The interviewing officer told my spouse that she'd hear back in a week if additional information was required.

It seems to be affecting only ELIS cases, but I wonder if this will this extend to NBC cases too?

My spouse has an NBC number, but we haven't heard anything since her interview last week. We proactively scheduled an InfoPass appointment in two weeks so that we can check on things. The interviewing officer told my spouse that she'd hear back in a week if additional information was required.

Are you an August filler? what field office? I just want to get an idea of the difference of processing times between Elis cases and NBC cases...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Are you an August filler? what field office? I just want to get an idea of the difference of processing times between Elis cases and NBC cases...

Yes, my spouse filed the last week of August, and she got an NBC case number even though she had used the new form. I believe it was right around the time USCIS went back to giving out NBC numbers.

Our local office is San Jose. My spouse had her interview on November 30th. She passed the English and civics portions, but she received the "a decision cannot yet be made" box. We're now waiting to see if anything else will be required before she gets scheduled for an oath.

Yes, my spouse filed the last week of August, and she got an NBC case number even though she had used the new form. I believe it was right around the time USCIS went back to giving out NBC numbers.

Our local office is San Jose. My spouse had her interview on November 30th. She passed the English and civics portions, but she received the "a decision cannot yet be made" box. We're now waiting to see if anything else will be required before she gets scheduled for an oath.

thank you for the info, sounds like all is going well and good luck!

That news sounds like it is recommending; I doubt they have truly put a halt on things... check the previous month's before us status to see how things are rolling.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree, i don't think they will just quit working on things, but if they have to recheck all of us, that will take time!

@Tigerflower: the quote in Rep. Goodlatte's letter, as Lenchick pointed, out: "Effective immediately offices are instructed not to approve or oath any naturalization cases in ELIS." is not a recommendation, it is an order from the Associate Director for the Field Operations Directorate. -- obviously assuming that all this is real ...

-- if you want to get really frustrated: check the status of September filers, they seem to have NBC numbers and are moving happily along

I agree, i don't think they will just quit working on things, but if they have to recheck all of us, that will take time!

@Tigerflower: the quote in Rep. Goodlatte's letter, as Lenchick pointed, out: "Effective immediately offices are instructed not to approve or oath any naturalization cases in ELIS." is not a recommendation, it is an order from the Associate Director for the Field Operations Directorate. -- obviously assuming that all this is real ...

-- if you want to get really frustrated: check the status of September filers, they seem to have NBC numbers and are moving happily along

Arggghhh!!!! ;)

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.