blackmamba007

k1 visa - might get denied bec of i-134, so maybe try DCF? (merged)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone.

my fiance submitted i-129 form for k1 visa just last week.

now, we are trying to accomplish i-134 and i read in some posts that they would need recent w2 and ITR.

the problem is he only worked a few months in 2015 (he didnt meet the minimum income required) and he hasnt worked since (other reasons).

he has some income this year but no proof to show that

however, in 2013 and 2014, he is meeting the minimum requirement since thats the last time he worked,

can he just submit the old ones?

also, we are considering doing the DCF instead.

what other requirement would they need for DCF aside from (the petitioner) becoming a resident outside US and him and i getting married)?

do they need other requirements that relates to money/proof of support?

thanks in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

He would need to prove income with most recent tax returns. Meeting the requirement 2-3 years ago isn't going to be acceptable. He can show he has enough to support you with assets. He will need to have 3 times as much to use that as proof. Bank statements, letter from bank officer will all be needed. If neither of these will work, you can have him find a co sponsor that meets the financial requirements.

05.12.16 - Petition received at USCIS

05.16.16 - NOA 1

05.21.16 - Hard copy NOA 1

07.21.16 - NOA 2

07.25.16 - Hard copy of NOA 2

08.05.16 - NVC case number assigned

08.10.16 - Case received at consulate, packet 3 received, DS-160 submitted

08.11.16 - Packet 3 mailed to embassy

08.18.16 - Packet 4 received, visa fee paid, letter from NVC arrived

09.02.16 - Medical

09.22.16 - Interview, received 221(g) :crying:, Case changed to administrative processing for missing documents :protest:

10.03.16 - Mailed off response to 221(g), bye bye passport

10.04.16 - Package containing documents + passport arrived at the Amsterdam consulate

10.17.16 - Approved!!!

10.18.16- Visa in hand! :dancing:

10.21.16 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The financial requirements for DCF would be the same, though they may be more likely to accept assets (savings).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Get a joint sponsor?

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Thanks for your reply.

Should we try submitting the i134 first and see how it goes, if we will get approved?

Just in case we didnt, can we still send the the joint sponsorship after?

Or will they deny us if the support is not adequate and wont allow us to submit the joint sponsorship thereafter?

Timeline

You're always more than welcome to try it. Just be aware it is not submitted until the interview. If the information isn't adequate, you will have to gather the information, schedule another appointment, and turn it all in. Why waste so much time? There is very good information here, and the instructions from the I-134 are pretty clear. Doing a little research could go a long way, just to make certain your fiancé meets financial guidelines. But, yes, you are absolutely fine to submit as is, and let the chips fall where they may. If financials aren't met by your fiancé, your time before the interview will be better spent attempting to locate a co-sponsor.

Edited by liefde_overzee

05.16.16 - NOA 1

07.21.16 - NOA 2

09.02.16 - Medical

09.22.16 - Interview, received 221(g) :crying:, Case changed to administrative processing for missing documents :protest:

10.04.16 - Package containing documents + passport arrived at the Amsterdam consulate

10.17.16 - Approved!!!

10.21.16 - POE

Timeline

my uncle is now a green card holder in the US, should i let my fiance (petitioner) have him as a co-sponsor?

also, we submitted the i-129 form last july 22, we used USPS and also paid for return receipt. we haven't received the return receipt yet, although it says in the USPS online tracker that USCIS have received it.

should we be worried? who can we contact about the i129 form?

thanks

Timeline

You mailed it the 22nd? It took us a couple of weeks from the time we mailed ours to get our NOA1. It was received on May 12th, but we didn't hear anything from USCIS until May 17th by text that our petition was received. It was another week before we received anything by mail. I would say wait a little longer. Waiting will become your norm in this process!

I will let someone else answer your question about your uncle. I am not knowledgeable enough about co-sponsors to know if a green card holder can sponsor as they must have a sponsor themselves. Have you searched the forums for that? I'm sure someone will be along to give you better information on it than I can.

05.16.16 - NOA 1

07.21.16 - NOA 2

09.02.16 - Medical

10.17.16 - Approved!!!

10.21.16 - POE

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

^that's what i have read too in some stories..

question though, can i just submit the i-134 of my fiance first, then wait for them to ask if i will have a co-sponsor?

my fiance said his docs are enough (bank account statement, w2) but since he hasnt worked since 3rd quarter of 2015, i am afraid that it may not be enough although he has a lot in his savings (6 digits) so i also asked my uncle (US citizen, green card holder) to cosponsor him.

so i am thinking of just giving them my fiance's docs and only give the co-sponsor's docs when they asked for it..

is that ok?

please advice.. thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** question about uncle co-sponsoring split from thread by other member and merged here. Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread *****

While an uncle is a good co-sponsor, it is unusual that it is the uncle of the beneficiary, not the petitioner; the CO may be concerned that is is part of a scheme to "buy a greencard through marriage".

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

What Penguin said.

Specifically, though, a sponsor needs to be: A US citizen or LPR (green card holder), over 18 years of age and resident in the USA (as well as having the required financials). If your sponsor meets those criteria, then you can try using them with the warning mentioned by Penguin.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

^that's what i have read too in some stories..

question though, can i just submit the i-134 of my fiance first, then wait for them to ask if i will have a co-sponsor?

my fiance said his docs are enough (bank account statement, w2) but since he hasnt worked since 3rd quarter of 2015, i am afraid that it may not be enough although he has a lot in his savings (6 digits) so i also asked my uncle (US citizen, green card holder) to cosponsor him.

so i am thinking of just giving them my fiance's docs and only give the co-sponsor's docs when they asked for it..

is that ok?

please advice.. thanks

Yes you can submit your fiancee docs first and your cosponsor if asked. You will have some problems with unemployed as there is no income to support. If his bank account is more than 6 times the poverty level amount for your family size then he should be fine. Bank statements will prove that.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.