Ephesus

Fiancé visiting and vice-versa

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

What is the worst that could happen in case of a denay????

All I do is loose the money for the flight I bought thats is right?

Could this have a problem on my Visa then later,I dont get it etc.???

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I don't think there's a consensus here about whether or not there's a grand master computer system that flashes K1!!! when a fiance in process tries to enter.

The safest advice is always to answer the questions that are asked.

When they say why are you here - she says to visit fiance.

If they ask if a visa application is in progress, she says yes.

Chances are, they won't even get as far as that question and she has no duty to broach the topic unless asked about it.

Answer questions asked truthfully. Carry back up evidence of ties to home. Done and dusted, 9x out of 10.

Just like there are lies, damn lies and statistics, there's the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth and some of the truth. Some of the truth is still truth.

A perfectly good and truthful answer to the question "What is the purpose of your visit?" is "Visiting friends, classmates, family etc." One need not narrow it down to a single person and identify them as "fiance" in order to "tell the truth". Often the question is simply whether the visit is business or pleasure.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The worst that can happen is being sent back and losing your money (not to mention spending a lot of time on an airplane in a short period of time, PLUS paying a very high premium for immediate booking. There's no discounts offered and no chance to find a computer to hop on priceline or cheaptickets. you pay whatever it costs for the next flight out, period).

It won't effect your K1 application.

But it will suck a whole lot.

Again - not that it is likely - but those are the consequences.

Oh - also - if you're from a VWP country, you run the risk of losing your VWP privileges. Which would suck. (yes, even if you're in the midst of not needing them anymore. if you want to make another attempt with more evidence of ties, you'd need a visa. and we all enjoy applying for those, right?)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yeah I am from a VWP country,wow I did not know that.I guess that really sucks then,okay well when I have the Visa etc that would not matter anymore.

I guess it is the best to be on the safe side and wait for the Visa to go through.

I read on this other Forum on the Internet that serval people did it and got in without problems,one of the girls I met however got denied and she had to go through hell.Okay she was not doing th K1 Visa process yet,wanted to visit her boyfriend in the US.

She had a second Interview at the airport about 2 hours!!,she had to give the immigration officers her password of her Email etc etc etc.... after I heard that I was like "erm no maybe not a good idea"...

My interview was this Tuesday (March 20th) and although I really wanted to visit the US we had read so many times that it could jeopardize the process that my Fiance came to the UK between Oct and Feb (we filed in Nov) and I never contemplated visiting. Then I finally had enough of trying to plan a wedding via the internet and since I had my letter inviting me to interview I took a chance and visited last week, arriving at JFK on March 14th. I had absolutely no problem getting in, no warning alarms sounded when my passport was scanned, no swat team rushed out to put me on the next flight home (despite the fact I had been awake all night thinking of every possible scenario. Sad but true.) and I got asked the general questions: Have you visited the US before, where do you work, where are you staying. The border guard seemed far more interested in debating the best area of Brooklyn to reside in than he did in investigating my wish to become an illegal immigrant...

I guess my point is that for me it was worth it, I had all the supporting documents ready (letter from employer, invite to visa interview letter, NOA2 etc) but did not need it. This really is down to personal choice - I figured simply that if necessary I could point to my ties to my country plus the fact that I have spent months of effort filing all these documents so the USCIS have all my details, why would I then a week before my interview rolls around attempt to stay illegally after submitting all that stuff and having it checked? I can only hope that others have a similar positive experience and that if you are unable to travel that you get to see your loved one soon...

16th October 2009 - I-751 Packet received at CSC

16th October 2009 - NOA1 date for I-751

05 Nov 2009 - Early biometrics appointment (taken with no hassles or query on date)

23 Nov 2009 - Biometrics appointment

23 Nov 2009 - Received email stating 'Card Production Ordered' -woo hoo!

'I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness, but I am not a government official'

Deadwood, Season 2

Filed: Timeline

Ephesus,

No, it's not true.

It is true that they can deny one entry because they determine that the person has immigrant intent - is likely to remain in the USA when they should leave. A filed I-129f may or may not play a role in making this determination.

Yodrak

I just read that at POE they can deny you entry because you filed the I-129f. Is that true? She's coming for two weeks, well within the 3 months allowed without a visa. And I am going there for two months.

Is this going to be a problem?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1visit

A lot of people want to know, can the foreign fiance VISIT the US fiance in the US during this process?

There are no guarantees.... Many people historically been turned away at the port of entry after

starting the k-1 process. If you try to make an entry during the k-1 process you may be turned back and

sent home. If you elect to visit, be aware that the POE officer may not to allow you to enter the US and turn you right around (at your cost).

Be aware of this risk. It is not illegal to enter the US during this process but you have to realize that there is an elevated

risk that the POE officer will decide that you are trying to bypass the fiance visa process. I would personally advise anyone

considering this to make plans for the US Citizen to travel abroad instead. Why take the risk just for a visit?

Keep in mind that if you are turned away (for any reason) this may delay your interview for the visa and result

in complicating the situation later on.

Our K-1 Timeline

2/15/07--Completed gathering documents, completed I-129F

2/26/07--I-129F arrives at CSC

2/27/07-- NOA1

2/28/07-- Check cashed

3/1/07-- Touched

3/7/07--Cleared check shows in my account

3/7/07--NOA1 hard copy

5/17/07--Touched (PLEASE NO RFE)

5/18/07--Touched again

5/21/07--NOA2

5/31/07--Arrives at NVC

6/4/07--Left NVC, on da way to da embassy!!!

6/8/07--Arrives at consulate

6/8/07--Picked up packet 3 during consulate visit! (just lucky we visited same day as they received from NVC)

6/12/07--Medical exam

6/19/07--Interview

6/20/07--VISA

7/21/07--US entry through Atlanta!!!

8/12/07--MARRIED

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

AOS Transfer** : 2007-12-17

TOUCHED : 2008-02-08

TOUCHED : 2008-02-10

TOUCHED : 2008-02-27

Welcome To US Sent date: 2008-02-27

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-10

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

Approved Date : 2007-12-12

Date Card Received : 2007-12-21

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 105 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.