chocoflavor

address on i-130 and i-864 don't match. I need help.

8 posts in this topic

So when we filed i-130 (bangkok) we were living in a different house. I have just moved into my sister's yesterday and my husband (USC) is flying back to America tomorrow. My question is when we send in the i-864, in a week or so, my mailing and physical address is different, so is my husband's (which is going to be America) Do I have to do anything? Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you won't be sending the affidavit of support until the i130 is approved and later sent to the NVC, so you have maybe over 5 months for the affidavit

he will fill out the affidavit with his address in the US since you will be going through consular processing. the process will take about a year

I assume you were going through direct consular filing, but if your husband returns to the US, not on a short visit, but to live here until you can come, then you are no longer qualified for direct consular filing, your husband has to be living with you in your country

Edited by aleful

Aleful. It was approved on 05/22/16 and I received packet3 along with it. I'm doing DCF, my documents are not going to the NVC. I think you are confused here. It usually only takes only 3-5 months for DCF not a year.

Im sending packet 3 to US embassy in Bangkok. We were informed that he can leave the country as soon as the i130 was approved.

Edited by chocoflavor

Timeline

hi

I'm not confused, what I was trying to say that if your husband moves to the US, your type of visa changes, for direct consular filing, your husband was living with you in your country, that's why you were approved

but if he is moving back to the US and won't be living with you anymore in your country, you have to advise the embassy of the change

you might not be allowed to continue doing direct consular processing

check with the embassy on how to proceed, because your husband should be filing the i864 with your same address as he was living with you, and then his joint sponsor o co sponsor in the US on his or her i864 with the American address

was he going to have a joint sponsor?

No no. You don't understand. The case was approved and we HAVE talked to the embassy and they said he could leave. They said his job is done here as a petitioner. You CAN'T leave during the review of i130. Did u do DCF? I'm just not sure if i have to notify them our new physical addresses. His dad is a joint sponsor whose house we will be living in.

Timeline

hi

no, but if you already told them then it's fine to put his new address, if he's here he can't lie

have both of them sent you the original i864 along with the supporting evidence so you can send it with the P3? if not then you'll have to wait

Unless Bangkok has special rules, the petitioner only needs to fulfill the DCF residency requirements at the point of the petition. While many DCF petitioners do stay abroad until their spouses are able to move, it is also fairly common for the petitioner to move to the US ahead of the beneficiary in order to set up a home, find/start a job, etc.

Fill out the I-864 with the current addresses. Your spouse won't need to address domicile separately, as he is again living in the States.

Sorry that I don't know the answer to how you would change your address at this stage. If no one is able to answer, you could ask the embassy. (The answer might even be that you send the new address directly to them.)

2012: Married
2014 2016 2017: I-130 packet direct to Frankfurt

Frankfurt's "steps" to DCF:

Step 1: I-130 Petition Checklist (PDF, from their USCIS page)

Step 2: Immigrant/Fiance(e) & K-Visa Applicant Checklist (PDF, from their Appointment & Interview page)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.